View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 18, 2012

Da Skeptic will become famous soon enoughDa Skeptic will become famous soon enough

@Azeegum
M here too to discuss what I think I know, brother.. Yep Heat and Temperature are very closely inter-related, when Total increases, the Average also increases.. What I differ is that Temperature is not a measure of Heat.. An Average can not be the measure of the Total.. I had given the example of Sea and Tea.. Though Sea has less temperature but more Heat as compared to a cup of Hot Tea.. If temperature would have been a measure of Heat, the temperature of the Sea must have been greater than that of a cup of Hot Tea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
unit separate that's why qk molecules are always in collision. Heat form of energy flow from high conc. To low. So level of heat is'nt same in particular object. So when we want to measure the temp of hand it might be difrnt 4m body. Average temp of human body is 37 coz level or conc . Remain same.that means body metabolism is also in good condition..bt fire ke qarib bethney ce skin ka temp brh jata he. Its mean there is intense heat in skin bt average hotnes of body is 37
This example also shows that Temperature is not a measure of Heat..Again referring to the Same example I gave earlier, a Sea has more heat but less temperature..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemguy View Post
The energy that flows from hot body to cold body is heat, but no matter how 'hot' the object is it does not possess heat.

If you keep a pot on stove, heat goes from flame to the stove, BUT once the heat has reached the pot, the heat converts to K.E. and P.E. in the pot.

It is energy in transit. You cannot say that this box has this amount of heat. When two bodies of different temperatures are put in contact, what flows is heat. But after reaching same temperatures there is no 'heat'. It's all internal energy. So the actual definition is "Heat is the transfer of energy due to temperature difference." Heat is NOT the total of kinetic energy.

Temperature is the degree of hotness or coldness. This 'degree' is commonly measured by our senses, but because of subjectivity, a more uniform way to measure a body's hotness/coldness is required. For this we have thermometer.
Dear Bro, we have not said that Heat is something different from Energy.. We know that Heat is a form of Energy..
The transfer of energy is not Heat, it is the flow of Heat Energy..

Last edited by marwatone; Friday, February 24, 2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Posts merged.