View Single Post
Old Friday, February 24, 2012
Perfectionist!!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,345 Times in 584 Posts
marwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to beholdmarwatone is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfarooq View Post
recently i came across a news report in a local daily which quoted a research regarding the Glaciers in the Himalayan range; according to which the amount of ice there has increased significantly in the recent years posing some serious questions on the validity of global warming phenomenon.

seniors please check which of the 'THEs' in the above sentence are not needed

I think it's going to be the ones before 'Glaciers' and 'recent years.'

Since there are many glaciers in that range and you are not talking about a specific one, you won't use 'the.'

And, about the recent years, I am not sure why but usually it's just 'recent years.'
chfarooq (Friday, February 24, 2012)