Thread: Journalism 2012
View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 01, 2012

Wali Ahad will become famous soon enoughWali Ahad will become famous soon enough

THANK GOD, i studied the history part..(though role of muslim press only)

i stuffed all that in question 8..following is my outline for this q, in case any junior is interested

Introduction (mentioned the dates and names of couple of pioneer newspapers ; Hickey Gazette, 1780..jam e jahan numa 1822,,(MCQs data theft )
Major periods/trends of journalism
1. Rebellion
(around 1857...Delhi urdu Akhbar (Molvi Muhammaad Baqir)..Sadiq-ul-Akhbar (Syed Jamil ud din)..Siraj ul Akhbar (Court Gazette)
2. Reformism
(post revolt....Sir Syed Ahmad khan, his Tehzeeb ul Akhlaq and scientific society journal (i wish i knew the titles of any hindu journals)
3.Pan Islamism
(around 1910-1920...Maulana Muhammad Ali Jauhar (Comrade, Hamdard), Abu kalam Azad (al Hilal)..Hasrat Mohani (Urdu e Moalla)...Zafar Ali khan (zameendar)
4. Nationalism & separatism
(polarization of press: pro Congress, vs pro mUslim league.....Pro Congress: ajmal of Delhi, Madina of bijnore, Roznama hind of calcutta...Pro Muslim League : Inqillab, siasat, Muslim outlook, arsae jadid)
5. Independence movement (pro pakistan)
(Eastern Times of ferozsons...Dawn..Manshoor..nawa-iwaqt...ehsan..shehbaz...won us 45/46 elections blah blah)
policies of British
ran out of (self)allotted time...so merely one liners about
1. press laws
Act of 1867
Vernacular press act 1878
Press Act 1910
2. confiscation of securities
(example of zamindar...al hilal)
3. imprisonment
(poor hasrat mohani came in handy

some historical perspective, eh?
i hope the examiner doesnt develop inferiority complex on second thought, i know he wouldnt, not after reading the jokes i cracked in the rest of the answers
The Following User Says Thank You to Wali Ahad For This Useful Post:
anamsaeed (Thursday, January 24, 2013)