Thread: Foreign Degree?
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 06, 2012

gameface is on a distinguished road

@ Hassan
I would like to politely disagree with your opinion on getting the HEC recognition for foreign degrees, they have a set procedure and it is fairly easy to follow but the problem is not the procedure...... it is the people (like with most government institutions in Pakistan)

I applied for the 2012 attempt on a foreign degree and had to get a letter of recognition for that purpose (not the equivalence certificate,the letter of recognition is all one needs... it says so on the FPSC application form) but the point is, the person in charge at HEC Islamabad equivalence department had some personal issues and the guy covering up for him was extremely stubborn and rude, I wasted 3 valuable weeks trying to get just one letter.

So this brings me back to the point I was trying to make in the first place, if anyone wants to apply on the basis of foreign degrees get the relevant documents from the HEC as soon as possible........ don't wait till the last month, it may not be enough time!

@ Mani
I agree with you, if one has good grip on English and has reasonable analytical abilities 3 to 4 months is enough time to prepare for an honest attempt but you need to be smart and a little selective too.