View Single Post
Old Friday, March 16, 2012
40th CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 86

alishahid is on a distinguished road

The CSS exam was truly a nerve-wrecking experience. I was placed in Government College Commerce Karachi center. I was appalled by the facilities in that exam center. There was only one bathroom in disgusting condition for more than 1000 students.

Moreover, in our center there was bizarre and inconsistent invigilation. The subjective part of compulsory exams was given after 30 minutes, even though most had completed the objective part in 10 minutes. This situation happened in almost all compulsory and optional papers except International Law and Psychology ( I AND II).
The Objective part of EDS was 80 minutes duration and since I had completed the objective part in 30 minutes, I had to stay idle 50 minutes during that paper.
I complained to the invigilator, since this situation was happening only in Hall A of the Government College Commerce Karachi. I quoted my friends account of other centers, where subjective paper was given once you have completed the objective paper. The head invigilator replied that the rules of this center are different and they are unconcerned with what happens in other centers.

But I think this could have been a blessing in disguise, because I gave more than the time required to MCQs and then there was no chance of writing irrelevant stuff in the subjective part because I only had 35 minutes per answer for each question. So it was direct, no nonsense, no bullshit approach to answering question in the exams.
In sociology paper, I felt the need to use the bathroom, I went there and found a long line of 10 people waiting outside the sickening bathroom so therefore I decided to carry on paper instead of relieving myself.
The exam center Government College Commerce Karachi is disgusting, has no parking facilities, there is traffic jam around and lots of noises coming in the classes. Therefore, I wish they change this center next time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to alishahid For This Useful Post:
Iftikhar rind (Monday, March 19, 2012)