View Single Post
Old Friday, March 16, 2012

faridraja is on a distinguished road

Congress never desired in favor of partition at any cost. Making of Pakistan while Gandhi was leading the Congress was impossible. Gandhi was a secular person and he left no ground for Muslim League and Quaid e Azam for a separate home land of Muslims. Very brilliant and bright leaders of muslims like Abul Kalam Azad were inspired by him due to his preaching of Indian Nationalism above the ethnicity and religion. He used to say that muslims are not a separate nation but they are just converts. That's why Quaid left India for settlement in England when he saw that muslims of India are not recognizing their ultimate destination and looking towards Congress.

When Iqbal continuously wrote Quaid to return India to lead the muslims and after some change of thought in his mind due to some spiritual happening he came back to India and fully devoted himself to the cause of Muslims' homeland Pakistan. Quaid never wanted to remain within united India. When Iqbal had given Allah Abad address in 1930 and Ch Rehmat Ali have given the name of Pakistan and published the pamphlet "Now or Never" Quaid was convinced and he had envisioned the future of muslims in shape of Pakistan.
Acceptance of Cabinet Mission by Quaid was his political vision and a way to tackle the Gandhi effect on muslims and on politics of India. Quaid left no moral ground for Gandhi to oppose the creation of Pakistan. At the end when Gandhi-Jinnah talk was held, Gandhi offered Jinnah that you quit the idea of Pakistan and i'll make you 1st Prime Minister of India and you will form cabinet of your desired ministers. Jinnah refused and reminded him all these events from Khilafat Movement, Nehru Report, Congress Ministries and Cabinet Mission etc. and said that how can he ignore all these things while making a big decision regarding the future of nation. Due to Quaid's vision Gandhi left empty handed and he could not level any allegation on Quaid or Muslim League.

In my opinion taking Pakistan from Gandhi was a miracle of 20th century and it needed a high level of integrity and political vision which we had in Jinnah. I believe if there were no Ghandi then we can achieve our goal as Ch Rehmat Ali proposed in his pamphlet i.e establishment of three sovereign Muslim states from India.