View Single Post
Old Monday, March 19, 2012

Iftikhar rind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Got free from papers on 10th eve after saying Bye bye to CSS Written . I got mere 18 days off from my office for my prep so preparing all the subjects in 18 days became the biggest challenge of my life. As for how did my papers go, only result would tell. But comparing my prep and the type of papers I got confronted with, I can personally conclude this formula about CSS success:

60% Luck,
20% Hardwork,
20% Attempt, relevancy and expression on the day of paper

The papers of Current Affairs, Geography, Business Ad and Forestry were the major ones who compelled me to came up with this mindset regarding CSS. From what I have learned from this attempt, and would like to convey to others is that CSS is not that tough as many people assume.

I have got 10+ family members in Civil and Military bureaucracy and to be specific, 3 CSPs out of them. They simply have a good expression over English, fair knowledge over Current Affairs, possess sound analytical ability, were blessed with good luck and above all, they never lost hope. They are not Einstein or alike.

All one needs is to focus, polish his expression, minimize spelling and grammar mistakes, and stay relevant while answering the question asked. As for time of prep, it varies from person to person. But personally, I believe that I should have studied for 4 to 5 months, 4 to 5 hours a day. But my responsibility as a Middle Manager at a job came as the biggest odd as working 9 to 8 on an average leaves you with a little cushion to study that much, and that too even once you have your own family. But still, FPSC is least pushed by these factors. For them, an attempt is an attempt. And so it should be. After all, they are conducting an exam of 12000+ people so they cant take these issues into account.

I am going for 2013 attempt as it would be my 2nd but last one [as I would exceed 28 yrs barrier after that ] with a change of electives. I am happy that like always done, I DID NOT QUIT despite all these odds . I dont know what will come out as a result. Only time would tell that. I tried my best in this limited time and I have left the rest on Allah Almighty. Whatever He will decide will be best for me.

Lets hope for the best with the result of CSS 2012 and best of luck to everyone .
Sir dont you think ur giving extra credit to luck rather than hardwork which is a prerequisite to every success