View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Well Mr. Khushal, indeed a job well done for sharing this text with us all. In my opinion, if anyone in the contemporary world can truly be called a best example of a Forward thinking muslim with traditional or religious approach, it can be none other than Mr. Mahatir Mohammad. Like others, I am truly inspired by his personality, and more so, he is one of those Politicians in the whole of Muslim World who matches his actions with words, and not all rhetoric, like a lot others.

He is one of those individual, who truly did good for his country under his rule, and certainly did good for the religion he follows, by speaking against injustices of west against Islam.

I truly believe that muslim world lacks the positive examples of Politicians, and Pakistan knows this all too well. But my firm believe is that Mr. Mahatir, and Mr. Naimatullah Khan, former Mayor of Karachi, will go down in history books as the role model Politicians of the Muslim democracy of our times.

Both of these gentleman are charismatic, let their work speak for itself, and outspoken and yet humble in their approach, and have not been called Islamic fanatics by the west, but still have the west on their toes.

Note: Even though Mr. Naimat was a Local Mayor, but I brought him up, becuase I see him as the only positive example in Pakistan, among Politicians and he certainly made a change in the city of 15 million, and was recognized for his efforts globally.

Thanks.