Thread: Poor English
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 28, 2012
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroono View Post
Well, right direction by Sabahabhutta.
I would also like to incorporate my comments and also would like ask question(those might be complicated), however if one could answer, please give me ur hand.
I think, Qacc, ur english as judged from your piece of writting is lacking vocabulary, sentence structure and confidence. I know there is a big problem finding such people who can hold discussions(whatever the topic is) with you in english but i would suggest that u must chose a person (a dear one ), talk to him/her even if he/she can't, but he/she must understand what you are saying. right. And you are improving and gaining confidence.
Next, you must hold Dawn in your hands for vocabulary+grammer+current affairs. You know, one can cover 3 compulsory subjects from Dawn only.
Books already suggested. I haven't yet read these books.
Now my Qustions..
I don't know how to memorise Grammar, like I can write and speak but the problem is that I cannot point out, in a sentence, which one is an Adverb and which one is Preposition or an adjective or any other, except verb, some of the nouns, and subject object.
And please comment on my punctuations, whether they are in right place?
Please help me... seniors or anyone.
-----------------------------------
Mr. Quacc am also from KPK. u can contact me.
*******8@yahoo.com
dear bro i also used to face this problem............. but I always say to everyone plz do not try to memorize any language plz... we are grown ups, we need to understand the things, not to memorize them... when you have grasped the true essence and meaning of an adverb, verb or anything you will be able to recognize it and use it correctly.
you need to just search your bookshelves for your B.A/B.Sc English grammar book, read the definitions of parts of speech twice or thrice(without trying to memorize them), after the concepts are clear to you try using them in sentences and then write a paragraph using and recognizing them all.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
haroono (Thursday, March 29, 2012)