View Single Post
Old Monday, April 02, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold
Default CSS in comparison to other Careers

CSPs are undoubtedly the privileged lot enjoying great deal of power and prestige but does it imply that in Pakistan no other career is at par with CSS? I think the answer is emphatic no.

First the attraction of career is function of one's perception. Since a majority of the people find attraction in power so they aspire to be CSPs.But at the same time there are few who act other way round-dont join or leave the civil services.

i dont want to trivialize the attraction of CSS, it is by all means a great career. However i want to present some negative aspects of CSS career just to bring other side of picture before aspirants.

1- IF a newly inducted CSP is not allocated to top Groups such as PSPor DMG , he/she may have to face financial crunch at start of service- Meagre Salary with little to no fringe beifits.

2- Last year PP Govt posted out some Officers of PSP and DMG to Baluchistan. These officers were frightened then they used their links to make the Govt reverse this posting. So the sword of posting to unattractive or dangrous areas keep hanging on you( For some one it may be a challenge and an adventure -a positive side of the but for many its one of the most negative aspect)

3- In order to enjoy the service in true sense , one needs patronisation of political influentials who in response seek favours in official matters.

4-I know a person who is SDO in C&W Deptt of Govt of Punjab. He has links with high ups of POlice -why become he makes them favours by getting their work -such as repair maintenance, paitint etc-done free of cost.This is not becoming of the people who hold such high posts.

5- A CSP has norammly succumb to political pressure.

6- Many of CSPs are implicated in Criminal Cases. Appearance in courts , Suspensions , enquiries are not out of ordinary for high ranking officials. A CSP curruntly serving as ED in BOI (awarded Nishan e-Pakistan on 23rd March) remained 7 years in Prison because he had close relation with Zradri when PPP Govt was ousted in 1996.

IN next sitting i ll write the attractions in some areas.

Note: By potryaing the negative side, i dont want to say that CSS doesn't offer good career.I myself appeared but couldn't qualify. If i hafd been alloacted , i would had joined definitely. That said, i just want to bring forth the other side of picture.
drvalentino (Thursday, April 19, 2012), game on (Saturday, April 07, 2012), Mugheera (Friday, April 20, 2012), umaryousaf (Tuesday, April 03, 2012), Umm e Farwa (Thursday, April 05, 2012)