View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 10, 2012

noor14 is on a distinguished road
Question please check my first precis writing.

the main article is in today's dawn dated 9-april-2012. please check this and point out my mistakes, as this is my first attempt of precis writing. thanx in advance.

Promise of peace?
Before leaving to india, the president of pakistan, met with pakistan’s army chief regarding the accident in gayari(siachen). As army chief headed towards siachen and the president went on to india.
The writer said that the matter of siachen was about to solve, when rajiv ghandi and benazir butto discussed the issue, but unfortunatly it could not happened due to india. The writer further, said that in bygone days, many gatherings held between pakistan and india on several issues but was pointless. The recent meeting of pakistan’s president with that of indian prime minister was a fruitful effort.
The indian prime minister warm-welcomed pakistan’s president and respected his visit.according to the writer pakistani president offered him an invitation to visit pakistan and also talked about the important issues between pakistan and india.
The writer ssaid that they have talked about the commerce and trade between the two countries which in writers view is important for both countries, especially for pakistan.
According to the writer peace is really important for both countries and for the entire region.