Thread: Basant
View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 18, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Wounded Healer has a spectacular aura aboutWounded Healer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Basant is a punjabi culture and not pakistani culture, this is promoted by govt of punjab to promote tourism for his province,,,,,,,,,, i am not against celebrating basant,,,,, but we should not call it pakistani culture,,,,it is as regional as bangra,,,,,,,,,,and hence cannot be called our culture,,,,,,,,,,, pesonally speaking, it is a hindu culture
@thinking
dear, i never said that basant or kite-flying is a pakistani culture..........i said that it had become a part of the culture of the SUB-CONTINENT............as u have said that it is a punjabi culture,well isnt punjab a part of pakistan and if celebrating basant attracts tourists then thats another point in its favour............if u can celebrate VALENTINE'S DAY which finds its origin in the western culture then why cant we celebrate basant whose origin is in the sub-continent culture

as MR.SALEEM MALIK has made a very emotional statement about a child's head being cut and falling in his father's lap..............well to this i would say that the nacessary precautions should be taken(as i have mentioned earlier)and this is where the role of the police comes into action............all the people who make these kind of TAIZ DHAAR DHAGA should be put in jail but banning basant or kite-flying is not the answer..............its as if u ban driving cars or trucks because of all the road accidents taking place............the police have to play a crucial role here in finding the real culprits who supply kids with these strings or threads or whatever u call them...........
and veracity of such shall one day vindicate
the vigilant and the virtuous.