View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 17, 2012
PHILOSOPHER
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Stunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahzad Sial View Post
"obesity is root cause of all diseases"
Outline:
1. Defining obesity
2. Obesity being root cause
3. Diseases caused by obesity
Cardiac diseases
Blood diseases
Lungs diseases
Lymphatic system disease
Muscle diseases
Psychological diseases
Hormonal imbalance
Kidney diseases
Reproductive system disease
……………………………………….(and so on………………………..)
……………………………………..
4. International medical researches
……………………………………..
……………………………………..
……………………………………..
……………………………………..
………………………………………
My outline was like above. I cannot remember it now. Infact, I read an article about obesity 6 days before the exams. Let see what happens with me. I am not a doctor. Just fsc (pre-medical) knowledge. My sentence were simple, correct ……………………………………….
Rate my approach……………………..
First of all congratulations on selecting this essay .. Examiner must be relieved reading a different topic .. If you followed your outline above and justified your arguments with correct English, you'll get through InshaAllah ..

Unlucky for me, I started off with this topic, but wasn't able to formulate a sound outline within 25 minutes .. It was the first paper and I didn't have any clock at my side of the hall .. I also didn't have any watch with me .. So, panic prevailed and I thought I have wasted a lot of time .. Then selected the easiest and most common topic, I guess you know what it was .. Anyways .. When I was making an outline for Obesity, I decided to go against the essay statement .. I wrote that although Obesity gives way to many diseases, however, one cannot say that it is the root cause of all diseases .. And had other arguments that most hospitals witness more patients who are weak rather than obese ..

My introductory outline was more or less the same as yours .. I studied medicine for just 6 months and didn't have much knowledge for this topic .. If you justified your stance and used proper English, I bet you'll pass InshaAllah .. It was an English Essay paper and not Medical, so there was no need of being extra medic-technical ..

Best of luck ..

Regards ..