Thread: Essay Writing
View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 18, 2007
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 4th position 2006

jahanzeb is on a distinguished road

@ Nosheen

Statistics are important. They give your essay an authoritative outlook, if u know what i mean. But it doesnt mean you should memorize tables and tables of statistics. For example, in my essay on 'FDI in Pak', i mentioned how much FDI we received last year, how much are we expecting next year and stuff.

Yes, u should go for literary essays if you think you r good at it. Quotations are not important. It's almost impossible to have a relevant quotation ready in support of another. In literary essays, one has to be adept at presenting one's thoughts in a beautiful manner. Give examples in support of your stand. Cover the pros and cons and lead the reader to your conclusion in a logical manner.

Literary or quotational essays require a literary bent. Not every one is good at attempting'em. If you have that orientation, i say, go for it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jahanzeb For This Useful Post:
Aaiza Jadoon (Monday, May 23, 2016), Azch (Saturday, October 20, 2012), azhera (Saturday, November 16, 2013), Freedom Fighter (Saturday, November 01, 2014), hsmraza (Thursday, February 13, 2014), marwatone (Tuesday, July 07, 2009), sharp mind (Monday, April 16, 2012)