View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 20, 2012

sunny4kb is an unknown quantity at this point

You have described pros and cons of both AKBL MTO and AD WASA very precisely. But being employed in govt sector myself, I think one most important point is missing here that is job security. Banking jobs are performance based and management can eliminate your job at any point of time if you are not performing well whereas working at WASA as AD is secure as compared to AKBL MTO. WASA will never end one's contract but they regularise their employees sooner after the specified job tenure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
AD WASA

Pros

1)Better timings. Official are 8am-3pm but it depends on you. A lot of people work from 9am-2:30pm in LDA/WASA/TEPA
2)Higher pay initially i.e. 37,500
3)Depending upon your posting, chances of developing PR
4)Free medical for self and parents (and it includes private hospitals as well as medicines)

Cons

1)Haram income is in abundance
2)Departmental inquiries/Anti Corruption/CMIT inquiries can be initiated anytime against you
3)Performance will not be rewarded. You can sit idle all day and still have a better ACR than anyone.
4)You will be become lethargic.
5)Max promotion till Deputy Director. (Not a career job)
6)You will be contractual employee for 3 years and if you become permanent (which is unlikely), these 3 years will NOT be counted in your service.
7)If you decide to move to private sector later on, this job wont help you in any case. Its like a 'sunk job'

Askari MTO

Pros

1)Good stepping stone in the banking world if you are young (less than 23)
2)You will be rotated in all departments of the bank and depending upon your enthusiasm, you can learn alot
3)If you get placed in corporate, growth chances are bright
4)In any other department, career growth is better than WASA (It is a career job)

Cons

1)Lower initial salary i.e. 30,000-35,000 (depending upon ur uni)
2)Long working hours i.e. 8:30am-70pm
3)Your social/family life is ruined
4)You will have no real power/authority and all you will work on is excel and reports.