View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 31, 2012
40th CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 104. CE 2012 - Merit 56

sarfaraz shami has a spectacular aura aboutsarfaraz shami has a spectacular aura aboutsarfaraz shami has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaidian_dss2006 View Post
I was thinking about the 'benefit to Punjab' factor. Suppose there are 217 seats and around 60 carry over seats. In case these carry over 60 seats fall in top 120 according to their merit position. Then it would help the lower merit standing candidates of Punjab?? Like a Punjab based candidate with overall merit no. 180 might be selected??

M not sure whether I could put it properly or not, I try to be more simply..

. This year's Sindh seats are 20 (suppose), and carry over 30, suppose. And these 50 candidates are among the top 150.. Punjab seats are 50 and the 50th falls at merit no. 180 (because carry over seats are among top 150 this year's general merit)

My query is whether this is the formula or some else?? Because in this way Punjab candidates might be benefitted indirectly.

Thanks
Hazaron Khawhishain asi k Har Khawish pe dam nikle

Your analysis is not proper. The top 110 candidates of Punjab will be selected irrespective of their merit number. the inclusion of others into top merit will make no difference. Also historically Punjabins are on top.