View Single Post
Old Monday, June 04, 2012

kiyani will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
For History of English Literature, there are two books that were specially recommended to me by my Professor; and I myself found them very enlightening and informative.
One is "A Critical History of English Literature" by David Daiches and the other one "English Literature" by W.J.Long. The former one is bulkier and is very much exhaustive - I hope you wont leave anything unread here as for as history of English Literature is concerned. The latter one is concise and interesting to read.
Yeah i also read "A Critical History of English Literature" by David Daiches no doubt its a good one but i recommend "History of English Literature" by Michael Alexander. As the one by Daivd Daiches is in extra-ordinary detailed form while on the other side, "A short History of English Literature" by Ifor Evans is too brief and somehow confusing. But "History of English Literature" by Michael Alexander is to the point and each and everthing is in clear form. I must say that this book is presenting the History of English Literature in tabloid form.
The Following User Says Thank You to kiyani For This Useful Post:
Shaw (Sunday, June 24, 2012)