View Single Post
Old Monday, June 04, 2012
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainuddin Kibzai View Post
" SLICE OF ADVICE FOR NEW CSS ASPIRANTS "
The very prime cause of concern which an aspirant comes acroos has been the Dilemma Reagrding Written Expression. This myth has somewhat been presented as a very queer and hard-to-get kind of phenomenon.
The reality, one way or the other, is exactly the opposite. I myself believe in the simplicity of doing the matters. The simple thing is always made to look complicated by the so-called experts. They themselves present the simple thing in a complicated manner by encoding that. And then afterwards, the decode the self-applied complication just to gather admiration and some material gains.
My slice of advice might look irrational to some but its quite useful since I have myself found it quite effective.
On daily basis, for merely 2 hours, select paragraphs from the newspapers randomly and read those one by one and write their crux.
For instance, take up a paragraph, read that out twice or thrice and then quickly and precisely write it down whatever you are able to gain.
Such practice will help you in different perspectives.
Your writing practice will immensely improve.
Your expression will be polished since you will surely be learning few new words and coming across the sentence-structure used in the paragraph.
As you write down the crux of whatever you have gained, you will be able to write precisely and up to the point in exams.
Your memory will be sharpened since the piece of writing first goes through your eyes, stored in your in mind via pictorial memory and then further cemented when you write it down.
It will also help you develop in you the ability to be precise and to the point when you'll be taking the exams.
The vocabulary will itself get injected into your mind.
Regards,
Ainuddin KIbzai.
well your effort is really commendable to guide the new aspirants.
i would make a humble addition.
one must try to read best written books by authentic authors and then try to emulate their style and one word that must be kept in mind is that the book must be related to a subject be it compulsory or optional so that you may kill two birds with one stone...
one must also try to read a book other than study material again the subject must be of your interest so that you get absorbed what you read then imitate those writers' style by writing on your own...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
elvis (Tuesday, September 03, 2013), syeda naqvi (Monday, June 04, 2012)