View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 07, 2012
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Govt jobs join kernay se pehlay hi pata hota hai keh kya milna hai. Koi bhi bay khabri main nahi mara jata. Itni complains kernay se behtar hai keh is rastay jao hi nahi. Log isay Prestigious Job samajh ke is ke peechay jatay hain. Jab log yeh farz kerna chora dain gay keh sirf aik CSS ker ke hi prestigious job milti hai, un ki mushkil kafi hud tak kum ho jaye gee.

Forum ke hi aik member ki misal deti hoon jisay main ne rok diya tha keh kabhi CSS na kerna. Main ne usay us ki family aur us ka sara system jannay ke baad yeh mashwara diya tha aur us ne us pe amal kiya. Us ne usi field main mehnat ki jis main wo pehlay tha aur aaj wo pursukoon hai aur us ki life 2010 ki nisbat bohat behtar hai aur Inshallah chund maah baad wo lacs main earn kernay lagay ga. Agar wo bhi is so called prestigious job ke peechay bhaagta to wo bhi aaj yehi shikayatain ker raha hota. 2 hi rastay hain. Isi job main rehtay huay aajzi aur shukar guzari apna lo ya phir rasta badal lo. Dunya main bohat se kaam hain kernay ko.

I second the opinion. It is confirmed before joining that one will get how much, so useless to say that one is taken aback by the amount of salary received. However, I think the situation is not so bad in public sector. I understand that during initial period the salary is low however after some years it becomes handsome.

I am earning a little more than half a lac a month but still when I see the horrors of private sector, I pray that I get a permanent job. Who knows, today I am earning in lacs in private sector, but tomorrow would be earning zero. Who knows when lay offs are over the head. Believe me, being unemployed is the biggest curse, especially for the people from lower middle class. Even earning in lacs is not the guarantee of improving life standard and mobility within the class as there do come intermittent periods of unemployment in one's life where he has to use whatever was saved.

So, I think when people join they should think about it whether they prefer a little salary during initial years with permanent job or they want huge salary with no surety of tomorrow's earning.