View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sana Shoaib View Post
Stupidity is not about 'adding up to the competitiveness of the exam'. 'the vague term' is about that after graduating from a prestigious institute, grabbing a good position first hand, getting allocated in a prestigious group of CSS and then thinking that you still dont know your position. And for that you have to go BACK again to 'assess' yourself. One has already proven himself/herself brilliant after these qualifications and the real test of personality/abilities/capabilities lie in proving himself/herself on the position he/she has acquired now. Face the job pressures and the new environment and prove that your selection was not a stroke of luck or whatsoever.
Just because you scored a position or rather topped in lets say the year "x" it does not mean that you will have the same share of luck in year "y" because there may be someone equally or more competitive than you this year which wasn't present last year due to any abc reasons.

Furthermore, If qualifiers and/or position holders repeat, it obviously makes the exam more challenging and competitive for other aspirants. Furthermore, You talked about "job pressures" and "new environment" -- do you really think that the aspirants opt css because they really don't like the environment they will get into after qualifying css?

Every candidate reserves the right to appear in the exam as long as he/she is eligible regardless of he/she having a good reason of appearing or not, incompetent people will always bring in discouraging arguments for "reappearing" because they have to achieve self satisfaction by applying defense mechanism.. angoor khatay hotay hain or what.. I think that quote explains defense mechanism.

Quote:
Like i wouldnt go back to my previous exam to show that i can do better in the second strike. :P
If you look at the other side of the picture, You might not want to go because there may be someone better than you this time in the examination and you FEAR that aisa na ho kay lainay k dainay par jayain and pehli bar say bi zyada kharab position ajayai.. you know, reappearing after already clearing and scoring a good position requires more guts because you have a reputation to keep.

Quote:
Increasing the age limit to 35 and unlimited chances- You mean, someone aged 35 years appearing in CSS, spending roughly 2 years in getting the final result (including allocations), then going through on average 2 more years of training and finally getting posted at the age of 39, right? When a person would have spent all his best learning age already before getting into service? And how do you think, why would government spend its money on a person who would give only 20 years to the service? and who would start his career at such a latter age? (okay, there would be many who'll be selected even before but still the question of many 'late cases' remains!)
lets analyze the other picture.. So you want a 21 year old to clear the examination and be posted as an ASP at the age of 23-24 or as an AC at such young age? How mature and logical, isn't it? This is real life and not a movie or drama.. at such young age, do you think the individual will not be "LOST" in the power that he/she gets at such young age? Will he/she be mature enough to exercise his rights PROPERLY and LEGALLY?

A 35 year old will most probably be more mature and obviously more experienced. Chances are that he/she will be much more educated and obviously qualified than a 21 year old and would surely serve more maturely.

Quote:
Whether you accept it or not, this is not a good idea. And in first lines, if you talk about the "competitiveness" of the exam and in the very next lines if you talk about so many chances, both the things dont go with each other. If it is a competition, the chances should in anyway be limited (Please dont quote those stories about trying and trying again. Those who have chances shouldd get up again and those who missed the shot due to bad luck or any other reason, friends that's time to move on, may be it wasnt good for your life in some way!). And if it is about grooming the personalities of bureaucrats, the age limit should be there like it is. (Sorry to all those who wish such great age relaxation and favour 'unlimited' attepmts but this is my opinion and i have a right to express it. No hard feelings! )
To make the competition more interesting it should be ONLY 1 chance but that's not practically POSSIBLE and/or FEASIBLE considering the literacy rate of Pakistan. Maybe this option can be considered later but I don't think its a good Idea for the next 10 years to come. Making unlimited chances (up to the age 35) will make it more competitive (and practical) then what it is now. People can keep trying and learning more and more and eventually If they come up to the mark and show improvement, they can be selected.

Quote:
Even if i'm restricted from a CSS attempt due to age limit, i'll happily go with it. (Answer to those who'll think/say after reading my post that it's easy saying than done by oneself).
Just because you will do something doesn't means its the right thing to do unless you have logical arguments that supports your opinion. Emotionalism will get you nowhere, we need more competent and qualified and more educated and mature civil servants

NOTE : If you think I am supporting the cause because I want to take benefit from age relaxation or something then let me tell you that I am 22 years old and have not yet attempted CSS, I plan to do it next year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mukt For This Useful Post:
Malmeena Khan (Wednesday, June 13, 2012), usman khalid (Thursday, June 14, 2012)