Thread: This is Our War
View Single Post
Old Friday, June 15, 2012

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeel ghori View Post
THIS war has gain nothing but indeed lost heavily. Unless the useful negotiations are carried out with Talibans, Unrest and civil war is unavoidable in both Pak and Afhan after the withdraw of US troops: Something which was also happen in past.
I was not talking about how the Americans see us, indeed, that doesn't matter in the slightest because Pakistan hasn't reaped much benefit from America anyhow.

I was just saying that the war is now very much our own. Maybe we shouldn't have got into it, but that's a moot point because we did and now there's no easy way out.

And how will you negotiate with the Taliban brother? Its a game of give and take; what are you prepared to give them? We already have minimal control of our tribal areas, should we hand them over to Mullah Omar?

And about Pakistan fighting its own people, they are the people who live on Pakistani soil, yet refuse to acknowledge Pakistani authority, preferring instead to launch attacks on the Pakistani state

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
The talibaan-ish thinking has such deep roots in our men's minds, it seems almost impossible to free the society from its claws. Every now and then i come across a person who has a kind of soft corner for these extremists!
USA stays or leaves, our condition wont change. Bura phansey hn hum.
The mindset you talk about is a weakness that the Taliban do exploit and will continue to do so. Even putting aside the Taliban, this sort of a mindset is highly counter-productive to the normal development of a society. Its a product of the Zia era, but the Pakistani state, instead of discouraging it actually seems to be encouraging it!