View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 16, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
Kashif -- Can you bring forth the articles in constitution that supports such amendment? And can you highlight some major political implications that you fear the country has to encounter?

I don't think creating new provinces in Pakistan is legally possible, but I am willing to learn if you can come up with some solid evidence
Well dear neither am I Constitutional or Legal expert nor do I study these things , and neither have I googled anything about them nor have I consulted any legal expert (because jitne wakeel utni baaten, pata hee nahin kon sahi kon ghalat ), but the very first paragraph of the Introductory Part of the constitution reads following:

1. The Republic and its territories
(1) Pakistan shall be a Federal Republic to be known as the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, hereinafter referred to as Pakistan. [1](2) The territories of Pakistan shall comprise :- (a) the Provinces of [1A]Balochistan, [1B]Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Punjab and [1C]Sindh; (b) the Islamabad Capital Territory, hereinafter referred to as the Federal Capital; (c) Federally Administered Tribal Areas; and (d) such States and territories as are or may be included in Pakistan, whether by accession or otherwise. (3) [2] [Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] may by law admit into the Federation new States or areas on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit.]

If we go according to this, the only amendment required would be just addition or modification of name(s). Now how does Majlis-e-Shoora reach such terms and condition to allow peaceful bifurcation of an existing province is a matter of local politics .

P.S. again this is my own logic so do not count it as anything, you may consult some expert.
headache (Sunday, December 30, 2012)