View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 20, 2012
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax View Post
From what I can assume you are referring to the Contempt of Court Ordinance 2003 - it lacks legal backing necessary for an ordinance. It is yet sail through the Parliament of Pakistan for becoming a permanent law of the land.

Regards,
before the contempt of court ordinance which was promulgated in 2003 by then president Gen Musharraf, the prevailing law for the said subject was contempt of court act of 1976 which was repealed by article IV of the 2003 ordinance so from then on the law that safeguards the integrity of Apex court is that ordinance...
it has legal sanction behind that...when on November 9th 2003 (i think so) the ordinance was promulgated, the National Assembly was not in session so Musharraf implemented it through ordinance but later on it was made an act by the parliament...
The supreme court has convicted many including Jang news chief or what was his rank i don't know and sindh assembly member and PPP spokesperson for sindh sharjeel memon and Yousuf Raza Gillani is the latest victim...
Apex court considers the ordinance of 2003 as law the politicians especially PPP leaders do not consider it as law because they do not consider the parliament of that time as the legel parliament thus their acts are also considered by them illegal ipso facto...but this is mere mein nahi manta, mein nahi janta on their side...
court accept it as law, the law and constitutional experts call it law and jurists call it law, if it is not law then would you please tell me why didn't the lawyers of the convicts raise that point because if their clients were convicted by a law that is not law at all, they must have objected??? they didn't, because they also know that it is legally sanctioned law...