View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 17, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 51

Thanked 1,424 Times in 486 Posts
mano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to behold
Default Response to your queries!

First of all, I would request all of you to have some passions as I have decided to move systematically in this thread, I will share each and everything with you which I think, should be told to the aspirants. I also understand that you all have many queries in your minds so I would try to answer them here, before posting further tips.

@Sarwar khokhar!

I will tell you the tips regarding attempting essay and other papers soon, after completing the first phase of general tips.

@Sikander marri!

Those who get success despite being an ordinary student, are hard working people and instead of calling them lucky, dedicated would be the appropriate word, well no doubt luck factor is very important and many people get success due to their good luck, but it doesn’t mean that luck alone is responsible for their achievement.

One thing which is extremely crucial for css is ‘understanding its importance and then working with commitment to achieve it in any way’. The factor of luck is though very important but it is out of one’s control so aspirants should try to grasp those aspects which are controllable.

@Pearl013!

Psychology is one of the most interesting, scoring and easy-to-understand subject. It covers most of the aspects of our daily life so you will find it interesting, yes, it is easier for science students but non-science students also opt it and get good marks. The ‘study plan’ thing is needed to be addressed separately but for the time being, I would just say that make your own study plan instead of following the ready-made plans as everyone make it according to him/her. Though some similarities can be followed, which I will post in detail, the general steps of making study plan, hope it will help.

@enchanted!

I gave first attempt and then forgot it completely as my focus shifted towards my masters, again I started css preparation after completing my degree, so the gap was only due to my studies, otherwise I would have appeared in 2009, because consecutive attempts are better.

@Alpha one!

30 hours study? This is my purpose of starting this thread that don’t believe in every guide and every tip, many will be there to misguide you, so use your own mind.

Sonu 87!

You have truly represented the state of mind of a typical css aspirant and your questions are genuine too. Your questions need a separate post to respond, but one word answer of your every question is here,

1. Luck matters but uncontrollable factor so just pray and leave rest to Allah Almighty.
2. Essay is difficult paper, but with extensive practice and technique can be passed.
3. Expressing knowledge is the key of success, try to present the ideas in your own way after knowing what is being asked, directly hit the target.
4. English skills don’t need heavy vocabulary or verbosity in expression at all, try to use simple sentences which should be grammatically correct.
5. Don’t follow everyone; make your own short notes.
6. Get the required contents and tips from academies and then study according to your own way.
7. Css is a combination of RATTA and analytical skills, of course you can’t analyze facts and figures so they must be crammed.
darwaish (Saturday, November 10, 2012), dms664 (Tuesday, July 17, 2012), game on (Friday, September 21, 2012), ijazshamir (Thursday, July 26, 2012), Nosheen Bukhari (Wednesday, September 19, 2012), Pearl013 (Tuesday, July 17, 2012), pearlyS (Tuesday, July 17, 2012), raees123 (Sunday, August 12, 2012), sikander marri (Tuesday, July 17, 2012), sonia5 (Saturday, August 25, 2012), Sweet Gondal (Sunday, September 09, 2012), SYEDA SABAHAT (Wednesday, July 18, 2012), Tassawur (Tuesday, July 17, 2012), Zahoor Marri (Friday, October 12, 2012)