Thread: Yellow!
View Single Post
Old Friday, July 27, 2012

mercurialFury is on a distinguished road
Default Yellow!

Hi, this is Feroze. I've been a devoted visitor to cssforum.com.pk for quite some time now, it fills me up with pride to see such a show of hospitality and selflessness amongst my fellow countrymen(and women) when it comes to sharing information or nudging someone in the right direction. Some of the questions that people ask here are so "lame" and childish but the patience that you people show in answering those questions and not ignoring them is commendable, to say the least. This forum is a great source of inspiration for "wanna-bee" CSPs such as me-self and an impeccable repository of knowledge covering all relevant subjects.

I won't be appearing for my CSS exams until atleast 2014 because I still have a year left in my Masters (Political Science). Nonetheless I'd like to begin preparing for the exams, the sooner the better right? I've just finished reading this biblical European history book which my cousin (A CSP officer, currently working in the trade ministry) was kind enough to give me. I'd be honest though, I've read it like a novel and the only thing I can recall is the French Revolution, haha.

The purpose of overcoming the lethargy; registering on the site and then committing the atrocity of making this abomination of a post is simply to ask you one "lame" question; Why is there no mark-scheme available for the past papers? I mean comon, there has to be a general marking scheme for the exams right? Belonging to an O'Levels and A'Levels background I've always prepared for exams keeping the marking-schemes in mind, except maybe for my bachelors in which I didn't study a word because I knew I would pass anyway(Bachelors and Masters are a pathetic joke in this country, I don't know what sort of intellects is this country trying to produce imparting "knowledge" through our educational system, but be that as it may its a different debate altogether). CSS however is a different ball-game; its the cherry on the cake.

Please link me to marking-schemes or general guidelines in attempting the exams for the following subjects: European History, Political Science, Public Administration and International Relations. Also if you'd be kind enough to recommend books for the above mentioned subjects I'd be very grateful.

p.s = Yes Yes I'm aware the recommended books section is the forum I should be browsing but there are so many books to choose from there and I'm very confused. I "need" to read books which cover all the core topics and concepts, thankyou.
The Following User Says Thank You to mercurialFury For This Useful Post:
Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, July 28, 2012)