View Single Post
Old Friday, November 04, 2005
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Gold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2006

36thCommons will become famous soon enough
Arrow Make up your minds,gentlemen!!!

Walaikum Salaam,
Your overall opinions,Mr.Babban,are interesting and reek of rationalism,indeed a lethal combination!
However,the statements i've made above are strictly in consonance with the issue initiated originally and i must say that the doctrine of ENLIGHTENED MODERATION is inconsistent with its essence.Nevertheless,since it's been tossed in my path i'll take the liberty to discuss it,with as much impersonality and precision,as possible.

Any broad minded theologin or profound thinker today will agree that the problem with today's Muslim Ummah is it's becoming stagnant to change,lest it commits blasphemy;whereas out've a total of 6666 verses of the Holy Quran, 756(1/9) stand directly or indirectly for the rational approach !!!! Precisely,religion is not static or based on fixed dogmas,and this is stated within the Quran itself.

There's no doubt that our ideologies have been perverted and polluted,a logical evidence of which is Allah Almighty's promise of Immam Mehdi,an issue on which there's a consensus among the entire Muslim bloc.

Then again,the multiple sects of Islam indicate that we've gone wrong somewhere.History stands witness to the fact that when a society crumbles into pieces,outsiders come and pick up these pieces as happened in the times of British India.And this is why Islam stresses on concepts like cohesion and brotherhood ! So having admitted that we stand corrected,why then are we opposed,tooth and nail,to State campaigns like those of Enlightened Moderation which only go to preach value integration in a society so dangerously lacking in it !

Care to shed some light?

Last edited by 36thCommons; Friday, November 04, 2005 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder