View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 29, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 16Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

ArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asi01 View Post
Congratulations Sir for being part of civil services!

My queries!
I have made some bullets as well as detailed notes of Pakistan Affairs from Shaikh Ahmed Sirhindi to Cabinet mission. so now should i make notes of the events of post independence?

Sir i have made a question of 8 pages of Pakistan Affairs and gave headings n subheadings too. (2 sides = 01 Page) (16 Sides=8 Pages) please tell me that if am overwriting or what should be the length of the answers?

Please tell us about the length of the answers of the questions, you wrote in the CSS 2011 in all subjects (Compulsory n optionals)

Sir if you can give a rough sketch of any answer, it will be very beneficial for all aspirants.

Regards
Asif Nawaz Abro
Dear Asif!

Length of an answer depends upon the time and one's writing speed. Although I used to 5-6 pages at the max for some questions but there is no hard and fast rule to be honest. After solving the MCQs, divide the remaining time by 4 and you will get equal time for each question. That's what I did and never sacrificed one question for another one. Give proper attention to each question and solve it according to a format which depends upon your creative sense. . We cannot customize each and everything, some things are better left natural

I will prefer broad outlines instead of making detailed notes as one has to give proper time to each and every subject. But if time is no problem for you, then go ahead with making notes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani g View Post
Sir, Did you hire a private tutor for subject(s) of Css? How did you prepare Essay paper?
No dear, I did not consult any one for Essay and Composition papers. I guess I should have concentrated more on these as my marks in Essay and composition are not up to the mark. Anyways, its not necessary to hire a tutor, you may get your essays checked through some good English teacher or any other learned person in your locality. Keep on making outlines for the past paper essays and trying collect materials for writing essay like statistics, definitions (scientific topics), Ahadith (Islamic topics), Quotations (Social and political topics) and any other information you deem necessary.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: merged
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArifAwan For This Useful Post:
Arslan Warraich (Wednesday, January 15, 2014), Asi01 (Sunday, July 29, 2012), parwarsha (Thursday, August 08, 2013), pisceankhan (Friday, August 08, 2014), Wamik (Sunday, July 29, 2012)