View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 31, 2012
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afshan Riaz View Post
Hi
i want to apply for m.phil english in numl..kindly help me out whthr to choose eng lit or eng ling....n wht type of questions r askd in ling n lit tests...
shall be thankful to u
regards
This totally depends on your aptitude. If you are interested in Literature than you should go for it and if you find Linguistics interesting then you should apply for Linguistics. The difference is also of so-called 'Scope' of both degrees. Some say Linguistics has more scope than Literature. But what I have seen both are of equal importance as the prime concern and focus of both degrees is to join the Lecturer-ship/Professorship. More or less doing MPhil/PhD in Pakistan means you are paving way to be a part of University Faculty. Research trends in Pakistan are well known to all. So, basically after doing MPhil/PhD there are seldom any scholars who seem interested in doing True Research in their respective fields. It is pertinent to mention that MPhil is essentially a Research-Oriented degree, however, recently NUML has included too much stuff in course work. Nonetheless, you have to frame your mind with a researcher's perspective. It would be a totally different experience from Masters, I hope.

If you go through the previous posts of this thread you will get the answer to second part of your question i.e. Type of questions asked for Linguistics and Literature.

Hope this would help.

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to courageneverdies For This Useful Post:
faaizaa (Thursday, August 29, 2013), madiha alvi (Thursday, July 04, 2013)