View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnayounas15 View Post
I just want to ask some imp questions I have in my mind.
First of all,is it good to start and end an essay with a poetic verse or any quotation?
Secondly which type of essay should be attempted for high scoring as I am an English literature student.I mostly have two three good options in CSS essay paper.
1 A current affair related topic
2. A general one
3. A literary essay
Authentic guidance needed.
1) As you know "First impression is the last impression" so the beginning must be striking.It is the basic requisite of good communication.You know that you have to attract the examiner so you should throw a flower in the very beginning

2)You know Amna who checks your paper?Of course a professor of EnglishSo what should be your choice to impress him? Of course a 'Literary Essay'.Being a student of English literature,You have edge over other candidates as you can easily deal with a literary essay.
Let's suppose,there comes not a single literary essay,then what should be your choice?The essay which is nearest to the literary one or the one in which you can easily blend literature

I attempted in 2011,"Truth is a rare commodity despite the freedom enjoyed by media". I started it with a quotation and I gave literary touch to my essay,like as I wrote quote by Keats on truth.I got 45 marks with zero preparation and no practice at all.This time I attempted "The suffering soul in the scientific age" and I'm expecting something unexpected

Hope you got my point

Here are my two outlines of literary essays,perhaps they may help you in any way;

Outline in C.E 2012,"The Suffering Soul in the Scientific Age"

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/408086-post44.html

Outline in PMS 2012,"Books are my friends that never fail me"

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-compu...tempt-pms.html

All the best !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Alvi (Monday, November 26, 2012), Azch (Saturday, October 20, 2012), Imrantm (Wednesday, September 18, 2013), pari Ali BNi (Friday, October 26, 2012), Sehrish Mehboob (Monday, December 03, 2012), zuhaib ahmed (Saturday, August 04, 2012)