View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I was reading this thread and was not able to hold back.. so here we go.

I think that the PARTIAL freedom of press and judiciary that this government has so proudly given to us, is definitely coming back to haunt them as elections looms large. However form of democracy that they declare it is in Pakistan, it is under dictatorship, and last time I checked no democracy can flourish under dictatorship.

All the foreign press are analyzing it as Musharraf clearing his way to retain his uniform after the election this year, IF THERE IS ANY ELECTION, and no one from judiciary and press will be brave enough to say anything.

But the reaction from lawyers was underestimated by the government (same as the Bush's perception of IRQIS welcoming Americans with roses).

It is very interesting that Mr. Mushrraf himself said that there will be no emergency clamp down or delay in election that they are considering. But if worst gets worst, he rather have his uniform than having any democracy, so let's see what happens.

Quiet frankly, I don't have any higher expectations from this or any other individual or party that may come after them to do any good for our country.

On that note Pakistan Paaindabad.

Thanks.

Last edited by Babban Miyan Ding Dong; Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 07:38 AM.