View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 16, 2012
Banned

ssara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeel ghori View Post
Q:8. Aligarh Movement Injected a new life in the body of the Muslim nation and helped to regain lost glory and prestige. Discuses.

Aftermaths of the war of independence were horrible for the Muslims. After the failure of War of independence, Muslim lost their past position of glory and power and a direct rule of Britishers established over whole of the sub-continent. British government held Muslims responsible for war and charged them with accusation of mutiny. Although, other nations were also equally responisble for uprising against british, but they were pardoned and no revengeful action were taken against them. In contrast, Muslms were subjected to ruthless punishments. This was the beginning of a constant era of darkness for the Muslim community. Their lands were confiscated, no job was due for the Muslims; Ulemas were discredited and even executed; libraries and other institutions were demolished; Mosques and other sacred places were crushed; Severe punishment were given to Muslims. In short their social and economic conditions were highly deplorable. British, in connivance of Hindus, took every step to ruin the Muslim nation forever. In these circumstances a great Muslim leader, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan emerged who undertook the job to reform the fate of Muslims. He greatly frustrated to see the destruction of Muslim nation and decided to guide them in their darkest hours.

The movement which he started for the renaissance of Muslims is known as Aligarh movement. The main objective of this movement was the correction of Muslims' educational, social, economic, political, and religious life.

Education was the main objective of his overall struggle. Among his contemporaries he was the first who realized that the major cause of Muslims misfortune was that they were not well equipped with modern education. Muslims were reluctant to acquire western education because they thought it against their religious principles. He told them that their this conservative attitude is the biggest hurdle in their social progress. Sir syed pointed out that Hindus were advance in education that is why they were on high posts in government services. Sir syed was of the view that Muslims could not get a respectable place in society unless they brought a revolution in their attitude for modern education. He took practical steps to reform the education of Muslim community. He established a school at Muradabad which imparted education in persian and english. He built another school at Gaznipur in 1863. At Gaznipur he formed a scietific society which was to convert the work of English into persion, urdu and other region languages. But this all was just the beginning of a great struggle. When sir syed went to England, he would impress from the education system of oxford and cambrige. He made up his mind to initiate an educational institution on the same pattern of England. At his return he made a body naming, Anjuman-e-tarki-e-Musliman-hind. The main objective of this body was to carry out a research on the causes which were hampering Muslim educational progress. This body produced its report in 1873 which underscored the reasons of backwardness of Muslim in education. On the basis of the remarkable work of this report a plan was chalked out to establish an institution to reform Muslims' educational situation. The crowning achievement in this regard was the foundation of Muhammadan anglo-oriental college. This college, which in coming years converted into Aligarh university, made remarkable work for Muslim education and produced great Muslim leaders who guided them in every sphere of life. Sir syed felt that college alone will not suffice the requirement of education. In view of this need, he formed an organisation: all India Muhammadan educational conference. This conference was asigned with such responsibilitis as to collect funds for college, to aware Muslims of importance of education, and to find out the workable ways for Muslims' educational development. In future, the foundation of Muslim league was also laid down by the member of this conference.

By looking at the social conditions of Muslim he concluded that Muslims should indispensably cultivate friendship with british. He was of the view that it was not sensible to hate rulers. Sir Syed told Muslims that it would be very detrimental for them if they remained persistent in their hatred towards British government. He struggled hard to mitigate the misunderstandings in the minds of Muslim for the rulers and vice versa. He was a man of great wisdom he saw with his own eyes the miseries of Muslim nation and now he knew that the only way left for Muslims was not to go against their rulers. He wrote Tadhibul-ikhlaq with purpose of rectifying Muslim etiquette and morals which had tarnished. In this novel type magazine he pointed out those outdated belifs which were the great hurdle in Muslim social life. He made it clear that these beliefs had no connection with Islamic teachings. He wrote Ehkam-e-ta'am-e-ahle-kitab in which he told Muslims that it is not prohibited in Islam to eat with any person who is the bearer of a Holy book. He gave references of Holy Quran to support his assertion. Sir syed also diluted the views of Christian, which were, that Islam did not support human development. He wrote commentary upon bible which was aimed at to create goodwill among Britishers for Muslims. His social services proved highly beneficial for Muslims and many old customs were brought to an end. The main purpose of his struggle in this regard was to create good relations between Muslims and rulers, upon which depended the overall success of Muslims in social, economic, and educational spheres.

Although his advice to Muslims to keep themselves away from politics shows that his movement did not contain political elements, but a deep observation of historical facts proves that it did. The cardinal aim of his movement was actually to improve political conditons of Muslims. Congress which was formed in 1885, advocated for the rights of its own community. Sir syed, after deep contemplation upon the policies of congress, reached to conclusion that it is not in favor of Muslims to join congress. He, therefore, asked his people not to take part in congress activities. He made it clear that unless Muslims are equipped with modern education, any step towards politics would be injurious for them. Sir syed was of the view that the Muslims should get education and develop their strength before coming into the domain of politics. This idea of great wisdom helped Muslims a lot in understanding their position. He also worked hard to eliminate the stigma of disloyalty from Muslims. Sir syed told the British government that it was not Muslims alone who took part in the war but other nations were also equally responsible for sedition. To remove the misconceptions from the minds of rulers about Muslims he wrote 'Causes of Indain revolt' in which he underlined all those circumstance which led to war. His contributions in the field of politics awakened Muslims and made them to realize their postion. In the result of recommendations given by Sir syed, Muslims eschewed politics, became flexible towards rulers, and started focusing on developing their own strength educationally, economically, socially, and politically.

Before Sir Syed appeared on the Indian scene, Muslims were living in frustration and discontentment. They were lagging behind in every sphere of life. The rulers were not friendly with them and wanted to destroy them. The conditions of Muslims were pathetic. In these circumstances, Sir syed proved himself as a great dedicated and courageous man who with his wisdom figured out the solution of Muslims' problems. His struggles provided Muslims with great stregnth. They came to realize their social status and started struggling to acquire a respectable place in society. With his great services Muslim attained self-confidence. These were the services of his Aligarh movement which sought to adjust a downtrodden community with circumstances. He provided a firm foundation upon which those who came after him could build with confidence the superstructure of Muslims' fate. Aligargh movement apart from imparting modern and moral knowledge to Muslims also produced great leaders who worked enthusiastically to advocate the rights of Muslims. In this way, the Aligarh movement protected Muslims from annihilation and shown them a new horizon of progessive life.

Dear members, especially sara, fassi, hashmat, shahreena, and pearlyS, please check my attempt and point out my mistakes. While writing upon this topic, I have kept in view all previous mistakes which my respectable friends pointed out last time. I tried my utmost not to commit them in this attempt. Nevertheless, I will be waiting for your positive and constructive responses.

Regards..

Great work Shakeel. Your flow of thoughts are outstanding. One thing is required in your presentation what I have noticed that you make your attempt really lengthy. No doubt, your English expressions are good enough and precise but you don't hit the question according to the question. I mean answer it like an essay paper i.e to the point, present it clear crystal one. In simple words, make your presentation some thing like entertaining and beautiful as much as you can. If you do according what I have suggested you. I am sure you will be rocking in your this subject. Now there are some questions left which are bookish which we have to attempt and then we will have to start general topics. So, keep in touch with also dawn and contemporary affairs. One thing more I highly appreciate you to get in touch with this vital exercise. Today I have read your and mine previous attempts, really there is a lot of differences We have undoubted been learning a lot since our first attempt and InshALLAH we will have to do further hard work for hitting our target exclusively. You are going outstanding drear....

Your this attempt is very well answered, you have mentioned each an every thing but no doubt some little things have been skipped by us. Yes I have also skipped some points what Hashmat has pointed out. Besides, your presentation, your style and your way of answering the question is outclass.

In this attempt I would give you 15/20 Marks....

I wish you all the very best for your next attempt.......

And also check my attempt............

Thanks..............

Regards.............

The Following User Says Thank You to ssara For This Useful Post:
shakeel ghori (Thursday, August 16, 2012)