View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 22, 2012

samia fakhar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umer View Post
There isn't any single method.
Every good author has his/her own experience, observation and way of expressing.
For instance if I was to write a thesis statement for a paragraph, I will first think what the paragraph will be consisting of? I will take out the key ideas of the paragraph and use them in my thesis statement. A simple example due to paucity of time is as follows.

1) Thesis statement: War against Terrorism is proving to be a curse that has completely shattered Pakistan's economy and pushed the nation 50 years back.
(This sentence gives a whole idea to the reader that I'll be talking about Terrorism, it's negative impacts on Pakistan's economy and the nation as a whole)

2) The paragraph: So now my paragraph must contain the relevant material related to war against terrorism, Pakistan's role in it, how it is affecting Pakistan's economy negatively, how the nation is being pushed back and where at the moment our nation is standing?
I have read some where that thesis statement should be at the end of para while my mind is clicking that it should be at the start of new para. what do u think it should be at the end of para or at the start? sorry i m bothering u again and again but i have some problem with logical construction of essay. as it is the most challanging paper so one should not leave any stone unturn.