View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 22, 2012
EiNstEiN

Umer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by samia fakhar View Post
well, u are right and the same thing made me confuse. If we have to write the thesis statement at teh end of the para then it is impossible to link previous para to the next.... but i have read it that thesis statement should be at the end of para. I think so i have consulted a u tube video on writing essay but that showed that thesis statement is of introduction. let me saerch that video again if i will able to post here i will.
Actually I think I couldn't convey my message properly.
Thesis statement of course is a part of the introduction.
And introduction tells what the reader should expect in the complete essay.

Now talking about paragraph, each paragraph starts with a topic sentence. I think this is the part where I couldn't convey it properly and mingled it with thesis sentence. So a paragraph starting with a topic sentence, contains the body of the paragraph and then finally concluding sentences for the paragraph.

The concluding sentences, you cannot conclude each and every paragraph in an essay because you don't want to close the discussion and want to link it to the upcoming paragraphs. In my opinion you are likely to close everything in the conclusion paragraph of an essay.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umer For This Useful Post:
pari Ali BNi (Friday, August 24, 2012), samia fakhar (Wednesday, August 22, 2012)