View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 30, 2012
Super Moderator
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,041 Posts
Amna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud of

Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?(3:65)

Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah.s (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah. (3:67)

Without doubt, among men, the nearest of kin to Abraham, are those who follow him, as are also this Messenger and those who believe: And Allah is the Protector of those who have faith. (3:68)

Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."(3:84)

Say: "(Allah) speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans."(3:95)

In it are Signs Manifest; (for example), the Station of Abraham; whoever enters it attains security; Pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to Allah,- those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of His creatures.(3:97)

Or do they envy mankind for what Allah hath given them of his bounty? but We had already given the people of Abraham the Book and Wisdom, and conferred upon them a great kingdom. (4:54)

Some of them believed, and some of them averted their faces from him: And enough is Hell for a burning fire. (4:55)

Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend.(4:125)

We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.(4:163)

Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error." (6:74)

So also did We show Abraham the power and the laws of the heavens and the earth, that he might (with understanding) have certitude.
(6:75)

When the night covered him over, He saw a star: He said: "This is my Lord." But when it set, He said: "I love not those that set."
(6:76)

When he saw the moon rising in splendour, he said: "This is my Lord." But when the moon set, He said: "unless my Lord guide me, I shall surely be among those who go astray."
(6:77)

When he saw the sun rising in splendour, he said: "This is my Lord; this is the greatest (of all)." But when the sun set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from your (guilt) of giving partners to Allah. (6:78)

"For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah." (6:79)

His people disputed with him. He said: "(Come) ye to dispute with me, about Allah, when He (Himself) hath guided me? I fear not (the beings) ye associate with Allah. Unless my Lord willeth, (nothing can happen). My Lord comprehendeth in His knowledge all things. Will ye not (yourselves) be admonished? (6:80)

"How should I fear (the beings) ye associate with Allah, when ye fear not to give partners to Allah without any warrant having been given to you? Which of (us) two parties hath more right to security? (tell me) if ye know. (6:81)

"It is those who believe and confuse not their beliefs with wrong - that are (truly) in security, for they are on (right) guidance." (6:82)

That was the reasoning about Us, which We gave to Abraham (to use) against his people: We raise whom We will, degree after degree: for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.(6:83)

Say: "Verily, my Lord hath guided me to a way that is straight,- a religion of right,- the path (trod) by Abraham the true in Faith, and he (certainly) joined not gods with Allah.(6:161)

Hath not the story reached them of those before them?- the People of Noah, and 'Ad, and Thamud; the People of Abraham, the men of Midian, and the cities overthrown. To them came their apostles with clear signs. It is not Allah Who wrongs them, but they wrong their own souls.(9:70)

And Abraham prayed for his father's forgiveness only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him: for Abraham was most tender-hearted, forbearing(9:114)

There came Our messengers to Abraham with glad tidings. They said, "Peace!" He answered, "Peace!" and hastened to entertain them with a roasted calf. (11:69)

But when he saw their hands went not towards the (meal), he felt some mistrust of them, and conceived a fear of them. They said: "Fear not: We have been sent against the people of Lut."(11:70)

And his wife was standing (there), and she laughed: But we gave her glad tidings of Isaac, and after him, of Jacob.(11:71)

She said: "Alas for me! shall I bear a child, seeing I am an old woman, and my husband here is an old man? That would indeed be a wonderful thing!" (11:72)

They said: "Dost thou wonder at Allah.s decree? The grace of Allah and His blessings on you, o ye people of the house! for He is indeed worthy of all praise, full of all glory!"(11:73)

When fear had passed from (the mind of) Abraham and the glad tidings had reached him, he began to plead with us for Lut's people.(11:74)

For Abraham was, without doubt, forbearing (of faults), compassionate, and given to look to Allah. (11:75)

O Abraham! Seek not this. The decree of thy Lord hath gone forth: for them there cometh a penalty that cannot be turned back! (11:76)

"Thus will thy Lord choose thee and teach thee the interpretation of stories (and events) and perfect His favour to thee and to the posterity of Jacob - even as He perfected it to thy fathers Abraham and Isaac aforetime! for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom."(12:6)

"And I follow the ways of my fathers,- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and never could we attribute any partners whatever to Allah. that (comes) of the grace of Allah to us and to mankind: yet most men are not grateful.(12:38)

Remember Abraham said: "O my Lord! make this city one of peace and security: and preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols.(14:35)

Tell them about the guests of Abraham. (15:51)

When they entered his presence and said, "Peace!" He said, "We feel afraid of you!" (15:52)

They said: "Fear not! We give thee glad tidings of a son endowed with wisdom."(15:53)

He said: "Do ye give me glad tidings that old age has seized me? Of what, then, is your good news?" (15:54)

They said: "We give thee glad tidings in truth: be not then in despair!" (15:55)

He said: "And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord, but such as go astray?" (15:56)

Abraham was indeed a model, devoutly obedient to Allah, (and) true in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah.(16:120)

So We have taught thee the inspired (Message), "Follow the ways of Abraham the True in Faith, and he joined not gods with Allah."(16:123)

(Also mention in the Book (the story of) Abraham: He was a man of Truth, a prophet. (19:41)

Behold, he said to his father: "O my father! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing? (19:42)

"O my father! to me hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a way that is even and straight. (19:43)

"O my father! serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against ((Allah)) Most Gracious. (19:44)

"O my father! I fear lest a Penalty afflict thee from ((Allah)) Most Gracious, so that thou become to Satan a friend." (19:45)

(The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!" (19:46)

Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious. (19:47)

"And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides Allah. I will call on my Lord: perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest." (19:48)

When he had turned away from them and from those whom they worshipped besides Allah, We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and each one of them We made a prophet. (19:49)

Last edited by Amna; Thursday, September 06, 2012 at 02:35 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amna For This Useful Post:
Arain007 (Thursday, August 30, 2012), khan (Wednesday, November 28, 2012), Pakistaniguy (Monday, September 03, 2012)