View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 02, 2012

shakeel ghori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssara View Post
Q:4- Critically evaluate the various concepts of Worship of the major religions of the world and compare them with the Islamic concept? (16 Marks)

Introduction
From the early beginning, the people used to live a simple life. But after watching the natural phenomenon such as the rising of the sun, falling of water from mountains, raining etc. He used to think over it and he could not get understood these happening properly and then made them god accordingly. For instance, rain god, sky god and sun god so on and so forth. From such experiences, people further thought about other natural things. Gradually they began to worship idols. Another concept of the beginning of religion was inspiration. For instance, the Buddha (Sidharta) who inspired the people and according to his teachings a religion what is called Buddhism came in to existence in this world. Similarly, there are some other personalities who inspired the people and religions came since then and so on. However, there are some other sorts of religions which are based on geographical and racial aspects. Besides, the final and the true concept of the religion is based on Revelation what is called ‘Wahi’. From these sources the worlds’ major religions have been established to the some extent.

Major Religions of the World & their notions and exclusive concepts
There are a lot of religions have been found and established in this world. Although there are five major religions in this world. What is called Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam. These religions are based on their kinds.

1-Revealed and unrevealed religions
Who use to believe in God, His Prophets, His Holy Books are called revealed religions. However, unrevealed religions are those which do not consider the instructions or beliefs of God and they used to spend their life according to their hand made laws. But among them there are certain mixture which are still being followed by the people. Nonetheless, the revealed religions are Islam, Judaism and Christianity the rest of are the unrevealed religions.

2-Missioinary and non missionary religions
Christianity, Buddhism and Islam are considered missionary religions but yet there are complications concerning the Christianity and Buddhism that they are not missionary religions. Although, they are not missionary religions in actual way but it can be considered missionary religions in one perspective what is said that after their later development they had been missionary religions. Nevertheless, in the contemporary world nearly all religions are considered missionary religions.

3-Racial and geographical religions
As a matter of fact, all religions began and found in certain areas. Such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism had been found in the soul of Syrian. Similarly, the religion of Hindus what is called Hinduism and other religions such as Sikhs and Zoroastrians belong to Aryans group and similarly same as the case with the other religions. Because all religions have been found in certain geographical soils.

Their concept of Worship
Undoubtedly, all the major religions have many similarities and some dissimilarity. But the aim of religion and teaching is nearly same. For instance, In Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Buddhism, it is said that no one should tell lie, not to kill innocent people, respect parents, live with peacefully and so on. Therefore it is certainly right that all religions have the same goals but the main thing is that their direction and their way of going to the direction for getting themselves in peace and prosperity is slightly changed to the some extent. However, all the above religions have the different concept of worship.

Hinduism
This is the oldest religion of the world. The follower of this religion believe on idols and they have many gods which are separated for certain works. For instance they have separate god for wealth, life, peace and other things. Besides, they have caste system. In India it can be seen the people of the lowest caste have been suffering form it. They call them shudders. Even they are not permitted to enter into the tamales and they have given poor and odd jobs. Similarly, Brahmans are the upper caste who gets involved in the preaching and their gods’ ceremonies. Hindus have got ved books which are nearly 1500 BC old. There are five veds. In these books all things have been mentioned regarding their preaching and even caste system is also nearly based over it. In the world most of the follower people of Hinduism are living in Hindustan.

Buddhism.
This is a religion which is based on Gotam Budha’s teaching. Gotam Budha also called Sidharta belong to a royal family. When he was younger, he did not allow going out side for watching the outer world by his father. Because, in that time their were outstanding astronomers who had predicted that if he would go to outside then will leave the royal family. Once upon, Budha got opportunity to go outside and what he saw that a people who was suffering from fever. Later on he went on further and anther thing he saw a beggar who was begging in a miserable and awful condition. He began to thing over these circumstances but when he saw a dead body which was carried by people he asked them what they were doing. They replied that a man had been died. Then Budha again began to thing about these myths and this world regarding life after death, and other miserable things as well. Then he got in touch with some eminent and well-educated scholars from where he got education of ethics and eventually began to preach the people. His all teachings were based on ethical and moral. He used to go far reach and sit alone in jungle for many days without food and water and then used to teach people for good deeds. He taught the people that don’t kill the alive things, don’t tell lie, don’t hurt to others, respect parents and other useful good deeds. However, after his death people used to begin preach him. Even since then people made his sculpture and used to preach him. In the beginning this religion had been reached nearly to all over the world. But at later on it had to go down owing to the involvement of idols, anti activities of Brahmans and other similar activities made it fall down. However, in the currant times there are millions of people are used to follow it exclusively.

Christanity
Christianity is an other important religion, which is based on the teaching of Hazarat Esa (As). Hazrat Esa what is also called Jesus Christ was the son of Hazrat Bibi Maryam. He got the divine revelation in the age of 30 and began to preach the people of Jerusalem. From Allah he got outstanding miracles and the Book what is called injeel and he showed his amazing miracles for getting people treated from the pox disease and even he had given the divine miracle to get alive the dead people. Owing to these miracles the people i.e. Jews began to follow him in the beginning but at later on he was accused to be rebellion and sentenced to hang him. However, according to the Muslim belief he was called back to the heavens. Nevertheless, Jesus Christ gave the message of Love and Universal Brotherhood. In the later development of this religion a lot of changing took place such as christens made the temples for preaching. Also this religion was divided into many sects. Even the Holy book what is called injeel, in the current days is nearly different in form of old and new testaments. Nonetheless, this is the religion which has been preached in the world in the majority.

Judaism
This religion is nearly about 1000-1500 BC old. Jews are the followers of this religion. It is also based on divine revaluation. Hazarat Musa who got the divine revelation from Allah in the mountain of Sinai. He is famous for his Ten Commandments. The commondments are based on the good deeds. It is the message of Allah to the people of that time. Even Hazrat Musa has been described in the Holy Quran for his good deeds. However, he gave the message what is called ten commandment about Oneness of God, respecting of parents, not to tell lie, don’t create pictures and sculptures of living objects etc. Nonetheless, his fundamental beliefs were of Ones of God, Prayers, Belief in Prophets, and about Holy books. Besides these things, he taught the people morally, ethically and spiritually. However, after his death, his followers which belong to the Israel who consider them the best people of this world. Whereas, the Musa had not taught any thing about the Israile’s beloved by God.

Islamic Concept of Worship
Islam is the perfect religion among the above and it is the truest religion of the world. It has been fourteen hundreds years that Islam has been preaching by Muslims exclusively. Islam is the naturally deen which was come into existence from Adam and Last Prophet (SAW) proclaimed it openly after the divine revelation. Last Prophet (SAW) was chosen the best person of this world to provide the teaching of Islam. Islam came during the period of Arabs. However, long before the advent of Islam, there were people who were preaching idols and did not believe in One God (ALLAH). In 712 AD, the Last Prophet (SAW) was born in a Quresh family and began to preach Islam to the local people, in 622 AD he went to Madina form Maka owing to ALLAH’s order. However, Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) taught the teaching of Islam completely and exclusively and Islam began to expand in all over the world. Islam is the natural religion, It is perfect because it teaches and presents details for right and duties of the people comprehensively. It is the combination of right and just. Islam is the best religion which answer the basic problems of human life and their solutions. Its teaching is outstanding and constructive as well. We should spend our life according to the Islamic belief. It is the right path. However, it not only teaches about the worldly way of life in order to spend the life but also it get us aware for the life after death what is called Qayamat. It is the religion which has the pure concept of Oneness of God. It provides complete code of life i.e. socially, politically and economically.

Comparison of Islam with the Major Religions of the world
After touching all the major religions of the world there are some things which are the most important which prove the Islam among the best religion of the world. It is the best deen e Islam which provides each an every thing in a crystal clear way.

Concept of God
According to Islam there is only One God what is called ALLAH.
Allah says in Surrah Akhlas

“Say: He is Allah, the One!, Allah, the eternally Besought of all!, He begets not, nor was He begotten, And there is none comparable unto Him.

According to Allama Iqbal:

Zinda Quwwat Thi Jahan Mein Yehi Touheed Kabhi
Aaj Kya Hai, Faqat Ek Masla-e-Ilm-e-Kalaam

Tauhid has been a living force in the days bygone;
What is it these days? Merely a topic of theology.

And Further said:
Roshan Iss Zou Se Agar Zulmat-e-Kirdar Na Ho
Khud Musalman Se Hai Poshida Musalman Ka Maqam

If its glory doesn’t make the darkness of character radiant,
Muslim cannot judge his elevated position.

However, In Hinduism, there is no concept of Oneness of God. In Christianity, Jesus Christ has been called the son, father, ghost about God. In Buddhism, there is no concept of God which is depend on Tauheed. Similarly same as the case with Judaism.

Concept of Prophecy
In Islam, the divine revelation is the strong and concrete evidence and also Quran supports it about the concept of Prophet. According to Hadith, Allah sent about 1024000 Prophets in this world. The last Prophet was Hazrat Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him. However, in other religions, concept of Prophets is described but they don’t believe in God. Because, it is the prophet who gave the concept of ALLAH. Therefor in the above religions except Islam do not believe on the last Prophet except their concerned prophets which are also sent by Allah especially in the religion of Christianity and Judaism. Nonetheless, in Hinduism and Buddhism, there is no concept of Prophet.

Worldly Life

Islam is the best and perfect deen which provides the worldly life’s law and conditions about each an every thing. For instance, in a day one must has to go for prayers for five times and also has to do his job as well. Besides, regarding socio-economic and even political terms and conditions have been described in the Holy Quran and Hadith about the worldly life. However, the above four religions are based on secularism, communism, and other ism which do not provide a complete code of life not in this world but also for the awareness of the day of judgement. Even Islam provides comprehensively knowledge and way that is right path about the family life. On the other hand the other major religions are based on western and contemporary culture, civilization and are unable to provide the rights to the family life. That’s why in the west culture, family life has been crushed.

Life after Death/The Hereafter
Except Islam, other religions provide their own ideologies which are based on their own hand made laws and assumption regarding the day of judgement. On the other hand there are some people who are called atheist who do not obey any religion. Nonetheless, Hindus has the concept of birth cycle what is called that a person who has done good deeds will again be born in a form of human, if he has done wrong deeds will be born in form of animal and this process will have been going so on. However, there is no concept of the day of the judgement in Buddhism. Moreover, according to Judaism they are considering themselves to be loving people of the God in this world and according to their encyclopedia the will be offered heaven directly life after death. Besides, in a sect of Christianity, the follower of this sects, saying that they will not be gone into hell. Whether they commit bad deeds or good deeds because while Jesus Christ was gone he kept all the bad deeds along with him and gone away. That’s why according to this notion, in the west a lot of crimes have been committing by the Christians because they are not scared of the day of Judgement what is called Qayamat. However, Islam provides the best sources in form of Quran and Hadith about the day of judgement that anybody who commit bad deeds will be gone to the hell and a person who does good deeds certainly will be offered Heaven.

Conclusion
However, after the comparative studies about the major religions of the world it can certainly be said that Islam is the best religion and it is the complete code of life, which not only provides the worldly way of life but also get us aware about the day of judgment it is the best religion of the world.

Allama Iqbal Said about the followers of Islam:

Muslim Ne Bhi Tameer Kiya Apna Haram Aur
Tehzeeb Ke Azar Ne Tarshawaye Sanam Aur

The Muslim also constructed a different harem of his own
The Azar of civilization made different idols of his own

I am extremely sorry for late attempting and not posting the questions. Because It was not my fault, my Internet was out of order, still there is some problem in it. I have installed my Window now. I have done a complaint about my net connection because it is being discontenting and connection continually is not working smoothly like earlier, hope it will work properly as earlier till tonight. So I am sorry for that. However, I have attempted my question and all the active and also other respected members are highly requested to check out my attempt you are free to criticize it as much as you can it would highly be appreciated and I appreciate Shakeel to carry on this vital and useful exercise regarding posting the questions that is outstanding indeed. InshALLAH I will keep be in touch with you till exam, you people don’t worry about my little absence, it is like what is called technical problem in my net now nearly problem has been sorted out. I wish you all the best for the upcoming attempts to all the active members. Just keep in touch with us and participate in this vital exercise as much as you can.

Regards…

Sara……
You have done good job. From your attempt it is clear that you might have worked hard to prepare this topic. You have provided a good detail of the topic. Your ashars and examples are thought provoking and deserve a great deal of appreciation. However, few things should be noted. first, try to be specific as there was some irrelevancy in your attempt.. You have mentioned many things which were not needed. secondly, I am again making you aware of the fact that you usually speak of controversial things which may arouse doubts in the minds of readers.. For example, at one place you said that Hinduism is the oldest religion. whereas, we know that Islam in its true sense is the oldest religion as it began with the birth of very first man on this earth: Hazrat Adam a.s. All other religions, revealed or un-revealed, came after him. Avoid mentioning such things. Besides, Typo mistakes are there but it is better not to include them in the list of errors. However, the grammatical mistakes may be harmful. Therefore, I strictly ask you to be careful about using correct grammar..
For one thing, I would like to appreciate you a lot that you never give up your work in any circumstances. You are going well and I hope that your attitude and diligent efforts will lead you to success. Just carry it on. We need you here in this thread.
I am giving you 11/16