View Single Post
Old Friday, March 30, 2007
Banned

Gone is on a distinguished road
Default I need to discuss something

I need help from the forum members regarding the second part of CSS exams i.e. psychological test and interview.

I am not a bad writer (I think). For example I appeared in CSS 2006 with only 30 to 40% preparation, because I didn’t have enough time, and still managed to get through. (I am in fact earning my livelihood by working as a writer and editor in a magazine). So written part is not as big a problem for me as it usually is, though I try not to under-estimate it.

But the problem is that I am pathetic when it comes to "speaking". That's the reason I fell below 200 on the merit list. (I am not mentioning my exact position for the sake of anonymity). Now I am at a loss whether to go for it again or not. Not that I am dying to be a CSP but I feel I have no other option but to do it if I want to retain my ego. But I also know that the definition of insanity is to keep on doing the same thing and expect a different result.

I need help from my friends at the forum to suggest me something to improve my verbal skills as well as to bring about a change, to some extent at least, in my personality—I am not assertive enough, especially if you consider that we are supposed to be “officers”, for example, by what I felt at the psychological test during the command task. But this is one of the things I won’t change even for the sake of css. I thought teaching would be a good option but can’t find somebody to be my student. Lack of time is another constraint.
I still have at least four and a half years before I "expire". But the problem is: should I waste my energies on what seems to be a hopeless cause or leave it right now. Please help me out on this issue.