View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 18, 2012

shakeel ghori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssara View Post
Q:1-Define Psychology and write in brief about various schools of thought in psychology? (Marsks 20)

Introduction
In our daily life we do a lot of works. For instance, children go to school, teachers teach the students. Businessmen do their business. Scientists do their exclusive experiments in labs. Solders serve them for the country and so on other diverse activities. These are the activities the people do with the help of their mind and soul either consciously or unconsciously. It is the study of Psychology which explains these activities in depth about the human behavior. Moreover, Besides the human beings, animals have their own psyche according to their experience and their heredity. However, in the current days, the discipline of Psychology has an outstanding importance. No less than 52 diverse branches of Psychology have been made and it is the most essential discipline for every one for getting it studied. In the simple words Psychology’s definition can be defined as under:-

The word Psychology is derived from the Greek word ‘Psche’ that means ‘soul’ or ‘mind’ and ‘ology’ means ‘study’.

Therefore we can certainly say that it is the scientific study of human behavior and his mental processes.

School of Thought in Psychology
There are some school of thoughts who have tried their best to explain the mind and behavior according to their logic and experiments. Among them, the major school of thoughts are given bellow:-

Structuralism

Wundt’s approach, which focuses on uncovering the fundamental mental components of consciousness, thinking, and other kinds of mental states and activities. This school of thought have elaborated the mind and behavior of the human being on the basis of structuralism. It is based on idea which conscious experience can be broken down into its basic underlying elements. It was the German Psychologist who laid down the foundation of Psychology in 1879. Moreover he explained the psychology as a practical experience of an individual and his ideas. However, the main strategy of this school of thought was to use the structuralism to discover the units of mind in order to elaborate it further. Consequently, this school of thought had to be criticized owing to its methodology.

Functionalism
It is an early approach to psychology that concentrated on what the mind does-the functions of mental activity and the role of behavior in allowing people to adapt to their environments. It is the approach that how mind and soul function according to an individual. According to this school of thought, more than enough work was done by them for the sake of behavior’s dimensions in an environment. Because an environment affects and influence the individual. When an individual get connected with a certain environment, the result comes a specific.

Functionalists used introspection along with the use of survey and other experimental techniques to study functions of mind. Resultantly, some school of thoughts criticized it because of functionalists had not explained the functions of consciousness and the relationship of mind and physically. Moreover, it was not a scientific method. That was why this method had been failed.

Behaviorism
This school of thought was concerned with the work of Watson. He did not accept that the mind as the subject of psychology and instead that psychology would be restricted to the study of behavior. According to doctrine of Behaviorism, the subject matter of psychology was behavior to the certain aspects. As according to them this disciple is the science of behavior, that is not the science of mind. Moreover, it can be defined without the study of mental events or internal psychological processes. Consequently, after the analyzing of this limited approach of the school of thought it also was criticized.

Psychoanalysis
Psychoanalysis was founded by Sigmund Freud (1916-1917). Freud believed that people could be cured by making conscious their unconscious thoughts and motivations, thus gaining “insight”. The aim of psychoanalysis therapy is to release repressed emotions and experiences, i.e. make the unconscious conscious. Psychoanalysis is commonly used to treat depression and anxiety disorders.

Analysis
To the conclude various schools of thought raised their thoughts in the history of Psychology. No doubt some overlap the certain thoughts and some don’t. Every school of thought has an own view and their experiences and experiments. However, it can be noticed after the studies of these thoughts that all have their own trends of thoughts.

Dear memebrs you are requested to check my little effort in this question. If you find any mistake or error could point out. It would be highly appreciated. And give me marks what I deserve…

Thanks…….

Regares…….

Sara……..
You have done a good job. Your intro is outstanding, for you have written your own analysis in it. Moreover, it is nice to see that you have attempted the question to the point and did not digress. It is a nice approach. I am going to give you 15/20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssara View Post
Q:2-Discuess the scope of Psychology and comment on the recent trends in Psychology? (Marsks 20)
Sara, please do not make too much haste in sending the questions. No one has attempted the first question so far except both of us and you have sent the second. If you keep up sending the questions without any regard to whether others attempted or not, disorganisation will occur. Let others to attempt first and then we shall deal with another question. I know that we have to speed up our effort as papers are coming near. But actually this thread is new, so it will take some time to become active. I hope you can understand. And one more thing is that the question you sent is somewhat similar to the one we have attempted recently. So, it is better if you replace it with any other important question. I will be waiting for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fassi View Post
Aslam o Alikum,

And first of all "CoNgRatZ".... ..... on starting this vital thread...

All attempts are commendable and praiseworthy as after reading all attempts I got some idea of the topic because I have not opted Psychology. In my view

@Shakeel Bhai

Your "PRESENTATION STYLE" is pretty good but you didn't mention the Drawbacks of different school of thoughts didn't criticized the views of different schools.

Even then, I give you 16/20

@Sara

You too did well but made the answer much precise but overall its a very good. Suggestions given by Shehreena are very good.

Keep it I give you 15/20

@Shehreena

Well done dear. As I observed you have attempted efficiently but please make your sentence structure small and don't use too much COMMAS everywhere causeless for instance when we use and to combine two things then why you have used "COMMAS" before and (if me wrong do correct me).

Secondly, try to be British not American while answering or during your writing practice for instance you have spelled "BehaVIOR" (American) but its "BehaVIOUR" (British).

15/20 for you too dear....

@ Sara, Shakeel and Shehreena

I think while concluding you people will have to mention the concept which appeals to your mind most besides commenting formally that all schools have merits and demerits.

That's all.....

The Role of the above said TRIO --SSS-- (Sara, Shakeel and Shareena)

oh my dearest TRIO --SSS-- may ALLAH bless you all with unique success on every path of life. I've not opted Psychology even then commenting on your attempts because you people gave me your precious time and much more than what I expected so its the time to repay and I know I can't, I can't and I can't....

Keep it up INSHALLAH you people will succeed with the grace of ALLAH.

Your Well Wisher

--F@SsI--
Thanx brother fassi for your great contribution. You did not opt psychology, yet you are spending your time in reading our attempts, it is highly commendable. I am thankful to you. As soon as we finish this subject we shall again start any of the compulsory subjects with mutual consent of members, and indeed of yours, since you have been the dynamic part of our group.
And, we will also be having a need of your help in international law..

stay blessed

@Dear shahreena
you have done an outstanding work. Your expression is clear and the material you provided is praiseworthy. However, I would like to point out few things. I am sure that this is a typing mistake. It is 'reinforcement' (Not enforcement). Secondly, You have missed the very important school of thought: Cognitive. Your overall attempt is outstanding and deserves a great deal of appreciation. I would just urge you to be in touch with us and to contribute in the same way. We really need you. I am giving you 17/20.. Best of luck

@Dear Saba.
Don't worry dear. You are also a part of our group. We shall appreciate your efforts. Just remain in touch with us. You must send your attempts without any hesitation. We shall try our best to evaluate your work and to point out your flaws.

@Dear tobabar
Thanx for reading our attempts and giving us marks. We shall be happy if you also attempt questions.

@Dear syeda bukhari

Books of 'Robert s. Feldman' and 'sher bano' are good. Moreover, you may also use internet for this purpose. It will be an effective source as well.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Friday, September 21, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: merged