View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 20, 2012

bathoor is on a distinguished road

I agree to certain extent about the commentary from my fellows. I haven't been to any academy as a regular student, however I have been to some of the orientation sessions conducted by some of the academies here in Peshawar. Mostly, they impress you with a list of passed CSP officers - who according to them- studied from their academies. And they are supposed to teach as well in the academies. I wonder why should I learn from a CSP officer where we have experts available in the universities around? I do understand the caliber of these CSP officers as they have done what they had planed to but I have a simple question. Are they the checkers as well? I mean are they in a position to check the papers? Who mark these papers? Papers are marked by Professors from universities(according to my knowledge) and not by the CSPs (may be in some exceptional cases). I suggest, rather than going into academies, its better to go and visit university professors for relevant subject and if possible solve any question from the previous papers and get it checked by them. They will let you know about your weaknesses and strengths. I dont mean any offense to any of the academies but one CSP officer's experience may not be necessarily true for students like us. I mean if I have scored very well in a subject, I cant even say which question was the best. A question which I thought the best, may be the worst I attempted. Its the examiner who can put you in the right direction for solving a specific question in the CSS Paper. CSP Officers may have good guesses (sorry if anyone is offended). And ofcourse this forum is the best channel as well
All the best in your hunt!