View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Your assessment is incorrect brother, Bengal had support of India only, but current Balochistan has become nucleus of global forces. You can't gauge the gravity of this precarious scenario. You had to face only India in 70s but 0s have invited multilateral players to rescue Balochistan. We have to change our mentality. Army has never remained a better solution.
Bro I'm aware of the sensitivity of this issue, but I still say that Akhtar Mengal and Co cannot hope to achieve anything by waging open war against the Pakistani state (as they have been doing for the last couple years). He can give as many provocative statements as he wants, but he should remember that in the end, Baluchistan just can't break away like Bangladesh did. In my opinion, they are unlikely to achieve anything through force of arms alone.

Regarding the army, I've never been in favor of their constant interference in political matters, but the fact remains that Baloch nationalists are, for all intents and purposes, waging war against the Pakistani state in general and against Punjabis in particular. Do you remember how they killed Nazima Talib? Pulled her out of the rickshaw and shot her while she was lying on the road. I remember this particular case because she taught many members of my family, but there are a thousand other examples of the atrocities committed by the Baloch.

I agree that our past policies are to blame for the current situation, but Baloch extremists must be brought to their senses. We would all like to live in an ideal world where every conflict can be solved through negotiation, but unfortunately, this world isn't perfect and I believe some degree of force is required to deal with these savages.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
bl chughtai (Monday, October 01, 2012), sabahatbhutta (Sunday, September 30, 2012)