View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 09, 2005

thinking is on a distinguished road
Default Roits in France

Salam dear all,
i have been your discussions on the currents roits of Muslim youth in France. Although i am a member of this forum for quite a long time, but i have'nt wrote often. Today i decided to write, but the other way round.
Let me tell you the problems with our muslims. we are basically facing three fundamental problems. That is the lack of Unity, lack of Leadership, and lack of Objectives. But why do we have this problems? The single answer is that number of muslims all over the world is negligible. It sound a bit strange. isnt it? you may have thought that there are over 1 billion of muslims all over the world. yes off courses. there are. by only verbally and in documents. Muslims, by the difinition of islam, is the one who accepts islam by his heart and practice. we lack both. So the real problem is that we are far from islam, the one which was preached and practised by Mohammad(SW) and his followers.
As a corollary, it means that we, the muslims, are responsible for all the problems that we facing all over the world, be that in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine or any other place. Unless and until we dont improve our faith and practice concerning our religion, we should not blame the west being responsible for our miseries. Let us stop blamming them and concentrate on our lackings.
Now come to the current roits of muslims in France. can any body tell me about the speciall rights given to the minorities in pakistan and other muslim countries. off course almost negligible rights are given to the minorities in our society. I am currently studying in France and observing every thing that is happening. the first thing is that what ever the problems that are here in france, are created by muslims. believe me, i am speaking literally. If somone has stolen a computer or a cycle. close you eyes and you can tell without any doubt that this will be a north african or a black afirican( mostly muslims). if you see someone crying or misbehaving, he will be a muslim. i have'nt seen, even a single time, a french person crying, misbehaving or playing a loud music in the hostel.
now let us come towards the position of muslims in france. I am offcourse and Al-hamdulillah a muslim. In the Ramadan, i had a meeting with my professor, and he offered me a coffee, i told him that i dont like coffee a lot. He suddenly understood and asked me if i had fasting. i told him 'yes'. By saying this, he told the girl in the cafeteria not to bring coffee even for him. I told him you should take your coffee as i would'nt mind. He told me " no, if are having fasting, then it is not good to take coffee in front of you". What more respect do you expect from a non-muslim professor.
Not only this, there are aftar parties arranged on daily basis in a hall near a mosque. I wondered who is giving the fund to the organisation who is organising the aftar parties. I was astonished to see the Mayor of the city sitting on a chair near me on the 29th of Ramadan. He told us that the city government(mayor and his canbinet) is giving funds for organising this aftar party on daily basis and each year.
On the Eid day, all the arrangements were done by the local government for NIMAZ-E-EID. There were eight city government's buses taking people, free of cost, to the Eid Gah. I saw, for the first time, French traffic police there.
The purpose of narrating all this here is that i want to say that there is no descrimination on religous basis in france. Also i would also add, that most black and north afirican muslims(north afirican muslim are not black) lack in skills and are also not good in education. Automatically they will face difficulty in finding jobs. This is natural.
conclusion. the future of muslims lies in our hands. let us act as responsible muslims, by advancing our selves in the modern science and technology. let us stop blamming others responsible for our miseries. unless and untill we dont accept that we are responsible for our problems, there is no way out.