View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 02, 2012

UltimateCSP will become famous soon enoughUltimateCSP will become famous soon enough
Default My Experience of CSS 2012

Though its quite late but I thought I should share my experience too.
2012 was my first attempt. I took it with almost 3 months preparation (Warm-up attempt )
Here is how my papers went on....
Essay:
Took the paper from examiner with billions of terrors.
Democracy.... Disaster management....Status of woman... All ten topics at that time seemed too general and well prepared ( overconfident) but... Which topic to choose.. Tough decision... took much time, wasted 15 minutes and finally decided.
"Social and Economic Securities for women in Islam"
I made rough out line (took 40 minutes) and started essay from introductory paragraph. Wrote around 400 words and then suddenly realized I forgot to give my outline at the beginning of essay BIG BLUNDER! Immediately crossed the written all 4 pages. ANOTHER BLUNDER . At that point I was completely lost . Started the essay again. Almost an hour and 15 minutes were over. I could manage to write around 2400 words.

Composition and Precis:
Vocab (synonym & antonym): BLANK...
Grammar: ess type ki grammar ce2011, 10, 09 main tou nai thi... I was not prepared and haven't practiced that. Even then it was ok.
Idioms & Direct/Indirect: Shuker hay kuch tou mujy bhi paper main aiaa.
Precis & Expansion: went as was expected.

EDS:
People say paper was halwa but not for me. To me objective was quite conceptual. but overall the paper was good.

CA:
I was not much prepared for the objective part. (My strategy was to pass GK by more preparing EDS & PA as I could not get much time to prepare CA). Subjective was halwa for most of the fellows but again it was not so for me. It was just OK.

PA:

ISL:
Objective + Subjective

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS:

Sociology:
It was my first optional. Well, it is a sad story
They told us during ISL paper that our exam center has been changed for optional papers. They told about the new center. My new center was "Boson Road Science College". I thought it is "Science College" at "Boson Road". HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING
EXAM DAY... how to get to the center I even did not know the ABC of Multan.
Finally,, I was 20 minutes late in the hall. Though I was ONLY 20 minutes late but I was not able to concentrate on paper for the next 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Paper was very easy but my condition was not .
Objective: got only 10 minutes for them. Hardly read the statements...
Subjective: Wrote the main heading of first question, then thought not to attempt that, forgot to cross that and attempted next 4 question. Now the last question is not supposed to be checked due to that first heading.
Well.... This was end of blunders.
Punjabi: Subjective + objective
Geography: Great
Psychology: Excellent

Moral Lessons:
1) Stay cool
2) Hold your nerves
3) Make sure where your center is.
4) Never be over confident
An Extra Lesson:
If you have to stay out of your city for exams, try to avoid staying with your friends, cousins and relatives. You will be helpless for their continuous chatting and surprise parties just the night before exam.

Regards!!
topsyturvy (Tuesday, October 02, 2012), VetDoctor (Wednesday, October 03, 2012)