View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 06, 2012

peacepakistan will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by economics major View Post
Durranni is right, if the discount rate of the central bank is lowered then the inflation rate could do up "Ceteris Paribus"
but remove ceteris paribus and anything can happen. Look into the aggregate demand models under "expected inflation" "unexpected inflation" and see how aggregate supple can cause or decrease inflation, also take a look at the Philips curve and realize that if everything else remains constant then inflation and employment has an inverse relationship.

Anywhere, i applied for AD from balochistan and got 63 marks. Has anyone from balochistan gotten a call letter for the interview?
im afraid you are also abit wrong dear..Let me straighten up the issue...the inflation right now is due to over supply of currency as well as low production of goods(less suply). Low supply and higher demand makes price high..ok..now govt decreased rates...this will let people take out their money from banks and invest in those products which are lower in supply and having favorable prospects to invest in and thus they will make higher profits than they will be having in bank accounts..so goverment did this wid no intention of increasing money supply in market but to spur production and economic growth which will lead to higher goods supply and lower prices...yes money supply would increase but the fear of its disastrous affects could be in the case if industries are performing at its best(equilibirum exists in production and consumption) and therez been an inflation only bcs of higher number of currency notes out...i hope its the easiest way o elaborate..I second to Mr rao adeel and SA haider...
The Following User Says Thank You to peacepakistan For This Useful Post:
SA Haider (Saturday, October 06, 2012)