View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 09, 2012
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 7th in Sindh Urban

Emoemar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeric View Post
Yes, FSP officers are allowed to apply for scholarship, study abroad on full pay on study leave provided that the course is related to one's job. For details please go through Leave Rules of Federal Government.
Absolutely correct. Although, if the scholarship is something that you have landed on your own there is much more flexibility in terms of the course of study you may pursue.

The last part regarding the leave rules is very important. For instance you will only be getting full pay for a certain duration, half pay subsequently and no pay beyond some time. In anycase, if you are looking to continue your studies after joining the Foreign Office you should understand that it can only be done after you have joined the ministry, i.e. post CTP and STP.

If you are currently an awardee of any scholarship grants then you would have to look into the possibility of delaying your CTP, if it comes to that.

On a related note, being down this road myself, i would always encourage you to ehaustively explore such opportunities, more so if you can do so on your own and land a proper 2/3 year grant. The scholarships through the foreign office tend to be one year in duration generally, and usually explicitly so at the entry level ( your initial years of service).

Good Luck!
There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. ~ William Shakespeare
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emoemar For This Useful Post:
Fazal Muhammad Khan (Sunday, September 01, 2013), Kanwal 85 (Friday, October 19, 2012), waves (Thursday, October 11, 2012), Xing Lee (Tuesday, October 09, 2012)