View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
I have just started preparation for British History and am planning to give in 2013.
currently studying from Sheikh Qayyum. What do the esteemed memebers suggest about the book. My querries specifically are

1- Is it sufficient for both papers
2-Can one score good marks by studying this book
3-If its not sufficient which book can be supplemented along with it

I would be grateful for the advice
Brother ! In no way is this book sufficient.
One can't score well merely depending on it.
Specially for Paper B , it does not provide standard material.
For paper II , do consult Norman Lowe 's book.
And for paper I also , take help from the book of P. C Thomas a book whose copy seems to be the book by S. M. Qayyum.
Paper I is easy but paper II is confusing one.
Till Churchill one should use Lowe's book.
And for afterwards , like for Thatcher and Tony Blairs one has to take assistance from Internet. But keep my words , don't rely wholly on S. M. Qayyum.