View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

prieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Coming
Some religious people think that the very phrase "islamic democracy" is a contradiction in terms because democracy is an un-islamic system of government. The basic principle of democracy, they say, is that people can decide everything for themselves, because the ultimate authority lies with the masses. (For example, people or their representatives might vote in favour of the use of liquor-which will be permissible in a democracy-but you can't do it in an Islamic state. Hence the contradiction, they think).

Well second coming this was a very confusing type of argument for me...i kept on thinking for two three days, but could't come to any final conclusion.But as far as my thinking leads me, i am of the view that islam is a complete code of life, it gives us ways of living,eating,dressing,talking,hence every doimain has been discussed in islam..(both quran and hadees)...than how can we say that it doesn't gives any political system?

Quote:
In Islam, however, Allah is the ultimate authority. While in democracy people might or might not decide their affairs according to Islamic teachings, in Islam, you always have to decide everything keeping in view the Islamic injunctions.
Its very true that Allah Almighty has the supreme powers, but when in an islamic state the people choose a leader or ruler than he gets the authority to rule, and he has to implement the set of laws and regulations in accordance to Islam...whatever people may say whther abt. liquor or any other forbided act, he should think that he is the Naib of allah almighty and he is answerable to god...when he wil think like this automatically he will reject such sorts of demands by the public....and seeing the attitude of the leader/ruler the people will gradually stop demanding premission for such unislamic acts...

Quote:
To me the argument put in this way has some weight i.e., Democracy is not suitable for an Islamic state. But I invite your opinion on it. Do you think there's something wrong with this interpretation?
Islam is a moderate religion, it does'nt supports extremism...rather it has kept a balance....I think that democracy is suitable for an islamic state,if the ruler is strong enough to keep balance between islam and democracy.....people should be allowed to give thier views and comments but the current ruler should decide to follow in accordance to the principle of islam...

A Man Would Do Nothing,
If He Waited Until He
Could Do It So Well
That No One Would Find Fault
With What He Has Done.