View Single Post
Old Friday, October 19, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 7230

Sana Shoaib is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofthenest View Post
Thank you for having time to answer my questions and now comes few more questions in my mind..

i) Overseas 90% project is finished by this year because I read on the HEC website that 2000 scholars were to grand this scholarship?

Or its on going project and I can participate in the competition?

ii) Where its mentioned on HEC website that 90% is purely based on GAT score?

iii) GAT merit has flown to the top from 2008 to 2012 because I remember one of my remote friend was granted scholarship and he had scored only 62 and he is from punjab as well?

btw I have enquired from a book shop and he said there is no Jahangir Series GAT Computer Science book.. is there any alternative?

i) Whether a project is calling for inductions or has been finished, is usually mentioned on HEC website. If you will click on that project link, you will find it there.

ii) What i have experienced and seen, the selections are made on the GAT score. It is not explicitly written on the website but when you register for it and take the test, they (HEC) announce a cut-off marks lists for all provinces for all subject fields whereby it is announced that the candidates who scored below the cut-off marks in GAT general should consider themselves disqualified.

iii) Merit is changed every year and it is different for different fields. It has definitely changed from 2008 till 2012 because of increasing competition. (As happens everywhere). So, as a general idea about your success, if you want to be inducted in a good university abroad or be inducted at all, your marks should be around 80 or a friend from Life Sciences advised to score 80+.

iv) I dont have any idea about the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khshaikh View Post
A.O.A...dear friends

I have also query regarding HEC scholarship....

I am from Sindh. I had given GAT-general test in july this year and got score of 80 (99% in percentile terms) then I had also applied for the HEC 90% scholarships. Since then i did not follow up the process as i got busy in some other activities.

So, now i want to know that how can i get back into the process.

Thanks nd Kind Regards
You would have to start the process anew next year, when the scholarships will be announced again. (In case, they're closed or you have missed important dates for this year).
birdofthenest (Friday, October 19, 2012)