View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 30, 2012
42nd CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 190

azure will become famous soon enough

soap is typically made from natural materials while detergents are made from synthetic chemicals and thus have more cleaning power
-

Hard Water

Detergent cleans more effectively in hard water than soap. Hard water contains calcium and magnesium ions that limit soap's cleaning capabilities. When combined with soap, hard water develops a type of film that leaves a deposit on clothes or skin that does not easily rinse away. Over time, this can lead to the deterioration of the fabric and eventually ruin the clothes. On the other hand, detergents are made with chemicals that are not affected by hard water.
-
Fewer Resources

Detergent consumes fewer natural resources in the manufacturing process than soap. Detergents are primarily made from synthetic materials while soap is comprised of vegetable oils and fatty acids. In a time where environmental concerns are high and vegetable oil is needed to manufacture biodiesel fuel, this can make detergent the environmentally friendly alternative.

-

Places near the sea are cooler in summer and warmer in winter than places farther inland
-
That is because sea surface undergoes variation in temperature much slowly as compared to land surface. The sea takes much longer to warm up and much longer to cool down than the land does.
shoaib35 (Wednesday, October 31, 2012)