View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 04, 2012

Muhammad Ali Shafi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
It will be your great service to this nation if you please notify us the induction of those "Rest" which you have mentioned in your post.
Not a single candidate will be inducted who has not taken NTS test and who has not scored minimum passing marks in aggregate as well as in individual sections. If this mechanism is not followed and you find any anomaly in Test, Result, GD, Interview, Medical then please bring that fact in the notice of public for the accountability. I am sure you won’t find such blunders.

Criteria are set tough because of competition but that doesn't fall under the domain of corruption or unfair means. It is a customary in the organizations to filter/scrutinize applicants by keeping in view their openings and limited resources. Some organizations convoke 5 candidates for one seat and some organizations convoke 3 for one seat. This criterion varies from organization to organization and from time to time. You can't name it corruption because candidates are called in the order of merit instead of random selection. Had there been any random selection you could have blamed the selection process and your allegations of favoritism/nepotism/bribe culture would have some weight but fortunately random selection is not exercised.

As for as passing criteria are concerned individual sections do have value in SBP as well as in CSS. SBP has been following this practice for many years so does FPSC in CSS.

There are 1200 marks in written part of CSS.
A candidate scoring 1100 marks in all papers but scoring 39 marks in essay/composition/Islamiat or 119 in GK doesn’t qualify.

On the other hand

A candidate scoring merely 600 marks in all the papers including 40 in Essay/composition/Islamiat, 120 in GK qualifies.

We have real examples of such candidates who scored more than 700 marks in written still could not qualify and candidate scoring merely passing marks of 600 entered into PSP group.

Note: Relevance of the test and competition level of different regions/provinces are different issues and debatable. These factors are not addressed in my post. I maintain my position and I have reservation on these two factors.
My post was meant to address the concern of our aggrieved members for their allegations of corruption/unfair means. I totally condemn their baseless allegations. These allegations erupt from two factors 1) shifting the burden of failure on the shoulders of institution, or 2) lack of awareness about the institution.

Advise: Positive approach pays multiple times. (Multiplier effect)
@Raaz Bhai

You are absolutely right...i too checked results of apx. 500 students out of which only 11 qualified, there were 23 in total who got more than 75 but only 11 qualified which means out of 100 only 2.2 and out of 15000 around 300-350

which tells that the procedure and selection process is going well and in a transparent way.....

@Muneeb

it is proved that 300-350 people qualified for furthr process...so all your assumption are wrong.....

so be cool and hope for best

me also got disqualified with 72 marks....
Raz (Sunday, November 04, 2012)