View Single Post
Old Monday, November 05, 2012

fellow89 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheInnovator View Post
I would refer all members to criteria set by SBP in order to qualify for next stage. This criterion is standard for all candidates belonging to any region of Pakistan. Then why SBP mentioned about observation of Provincial/Regional Quota? My opinion against these standard criteria does not mean I am against competition and merit. Rather my point of view is that merit should prevail along with safeguarding rights of people from every region. 1973’s Constitution of Pakistan also allows every citizen the right to employment based on provincial quota. Even minorities have their quota (5%) in proportion to their population in Pakistan. The spirit behind quota is elimination regional disparities.

Therefore, the way SBP is carrying on recruitment process is unjustified. I have solid evidences to prove this and some of them are enumerated below.

1. It is harsh fact that level of education in each province different by vast margins in terms of literacy rates, number of educational institutions, education budget etc. These figures are far different even after considering population of each province and comparing relative figures.

2. Everyone on this forum would agree with me that SBOTS is not more competitive than CSS is. Then why FPSC sets its criteria at 50% in aggregate and 33 in each optional subejct? Because FPSC is aware of the fact which I am trying to explain. It (FPSC) knows that if rights are to be fairly distributed, criteria should be as low as 50% so that candidate from backward areas could compete. Then what is the logic of 75%. It should be lowered or competition should be provincial/regional level.

3. Majority of candidates who meet SBP’s criteria are graduates from LUMS, IBA or Foreign graduates. If these criteria were to be set, SBP should have mentioned in the advertisement “Application are invited from LUMS, IBA Karachi and Foreign Graduated to fill SBOTS positions”.

4. According to rough estimates, only 7 to 9 candidates from Sukkur centre could obtain 70+ marks. But there is only one candidate who met SBP’s criteria. Based on this estimate, only 3 candidates should be called for GD from entire Sindh. Because there were 3 centres in Sindh viz Sukkur, Karachi and Hyderabad. I suppose also 3 candidates from Balochistan qualify for GD, totaling 6 from Sindh and Balochistan or make it 10 maximum. Sindh and Balochistan have around 26% share in quota. There are around 300 candidates called for GD. Assuming estimated figures (6 candidates) to be true, where remaining 294 candidates have been called from? Is 6 or 10 the 26% of 300? Is it necessary that these 6 candidates could compete against IBA and LUMS graduates in GD and Interview phases? Possibly, they all may be eliminated and there might be no one SBOTS 18th belonging to Sindh and Balochistan. Whats the advantage of this quota system?

5. History repeats itself. Record shows that in previous SBOTS batches, the same unjustified criteria was followed and quota of Sindh and Balochistan went vacant. The same is being repeated again.

Deal all members, it’s never too late. The prestigious forums like CSS Forum are platforms to raise voice against gross injustices. All those who agree with me and have suffered from these criteria, should join hands with me. If sufficient number of sufferers joins me, we can draft a letter to Governor, SBP who possesses sole authority to deal with our reservations and rights. Email addresses of Governor and Deputy Governor can be accessed. This is a realistic approach and we can gain our rights if we could successfully convey our reservations.

What’s the use of quota if seats in our share go vacant? The same injustice is going to be done again in YPIP. Therefore, if we did not raise our voice, we would suffer again. We can simply form a Yahoo or Google group where you would join and we would send email from that group to Governor. Your response is awaited.

"Brother it not working here, obviously SBP deserves to hire best candidates from Pakistan, so what if we are not best candidate, SBP has nothing to do with it. Where as it is worthiness of SBP that did not said in advertisement like other organizations do that only IBA Khi graduates are eligible or only lumhs graduates are eligible, and SPB gave equal employment opportunity".