View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 13, 2012
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 7th in Sindh Urban

Emoemar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafri95 View Post
What should those people do who want to serve and represent their country at every level possible and have been educated at good universities. Where should they start from if they looking forward to have a career in Foreign Service of Pakistan? What test should they take? What procedure should they follow if they are willing to surrender their foreign passport for the sake of their country.? Is there anyone who can answer my query?
As per today's dawn e-paper this is the scenario "And if the legislators feel the law is unfair, perhaps they should amend the constitution to allow dual citizens to hold public office, though this newspaper agrees with the view that dual nationals are, as per the constitution, ineligible for public office in Pakistan."

The big decision then becomes revoking of the foreign passport. Personally i would not advise that, not at least at this juncture. Perhaps you can give the CSS competitive exam and try getting into the Foreign Service and decide on the passport at that time. As i read it, you are ineligible to hold a public office, not to give the exam (someone please correct me if i am wrong here). So once the time comes to actually join the service, with a big IF that it does come, then i believe you will be in a better position to make an informed decision.
There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. ~ William Shakespeare